TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
YouHearMe? Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Tyler

Smile Learning Lietuviskai! - December 16th 2011, 08:59 AM

I'm studying for finals...pulling an all nighter, and in my wide-awake-on-adrenaline state I got the urge to share my latest ambition....learning how to speak fluent Lithuanian! My family roots come from Lithuania, so I set out a few months ago to start learning! Ir as kalbu lietuviskai! sort of...

If anyone knows a good resource that might help learning the language (it's not very mainstream :P) let me know! I've found a nice podcast series, but the more resources the better! I'm really serious about doing this!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Prof.Engrish Offline
愛してる
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Learning Lietuviskai! - December 19th 2011, 09:38 PM

Hello,

Good Luck on your finals and learning that new language. Learning a new language can always be a struggle.

Have you tried maybe rosetta stone? They are somewhat pricy but they really work!

Good Luck!

"This is 10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated Power of Will, 5% Pleasure, 15% Pain; And a 100% reason to remember the name!"
Buddy/Live Help Operator/Technology and Gaming & Current Event and Debates Forum Moderator
PM/VM
  Send a message via AIM to Prof.Engrish  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: Learning Lietuviskai! - December 20th 2011, 12:10 AM

Hey Tyler,
That's an awesome goal! I'd honestly never heard of that language before I read this, but that's really cool! Like Ashiteru suggested, you should try Rosetta Stone. They're on the expensive side, but they're the most reliable source you can find. Also, they're pure immersion, so it'll make it a better learning experience for you. Good luck!
-Sammi.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Hiraeth Offline
Glorious raindrops
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Learning Lietuviskai! - December 21st 2011, 03:00 AM

Non-mainstream goals are totally awesome. "Mainstream" ones are too, but ones like yours especially deserve commending, because it is certainly on the more difficult side when there are less resources floating around. Good for you for the courage to take this up! Have you shared this with your family at all - perhaps they might have some ideas? Unfortunately, I don't know of any myself, but I wish you the best of luck (on your exams too ).

"If limitations exist, it is because we have erased the possibility of potential."

Feel free to PM me if you ever need anything.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Hiraeth 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
YouHearMe? Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Tyler

Re: Learning Lietuviskai! - December 21st 2011, 08:47 AM

Thanks for the support guys!

Sadly, i haven't got anyone in my family who knows it =/ but I did talk to my brother, and he's interested in learning it with me, so when we're home on Christmas break our gift to ourselves is going to be to find a good immersion software program (checked - Rosetta Stone hasn't got one =/ )

Exams almost done; just physics (after this , yet again, all-nighter :P) ; I'm so excited!

bye!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Unknown10 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Learning Lietuviskai! - December 24th 2011, 09:08 AM

Good luck with learning Lietuviskai. It may be a struggle at times, but if you put a lot of determination into it, then you'll learn it with no problem!

I wish you the best of luck in learning your new language.

Closed Thread