TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sistrurus Offline
Herpetologist in training
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Goals and hopes for the year - January 4th 2012, 02:37 AM

Alright, so i decided i would make a thread with some of my goals and hopes for this year.
  • Keep a 3.5+ GPA
    Keep #1 scores in my college Criminal Justice course
    Get my basic studio setup
    Get better at writing songs
    Learn more instruments
    Get better at instruments i already play
    Get better at growls / screams and hopefully singing but i don't have much hope in that one >_>
    Finish up getting the rest of my band
    Start and hopefully finish an album or at least an EP recording doing all of it myself.
    Play a live show
    Get better at drawing
    Finish book for girlfriend ;D
    Get a job this summer
    The most important one by a long shot: get to meet my girlfriend this summer
    Take my SAT and ACT and do good this coming winter

What do you think of all these goals and hopes? I am holding myself to extremely high standards with some of these especially the musical ones, but i think i can do it and i'm going to keep trying until i am. I see it this way, i want to be the ace of one instrument, and the jack of multiple others. Then getting to meet my girlfriend is easily the biggest hope i have ever had and one of the most important things in the world to me because i love her so much <3

<3 ‎"I'll never let you fall, I'll stand up with you forever. i'll be there through it all" <3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline
Previously Apple of your eye
I've been here a while

Name: Suv

Re: Goals and hopes for the year - January 4th 2012, 05:03 PM

That is a lot of and very nice goals. Just make sure that you go about them one by one !!

"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it."

-Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Sistrurus Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Goals and hopes for the year - January 4th 2012, 05:27 PM

Thank you and yah if I don't i know they will overwhelm me quickly if they don't anyway xD.

<3 ‎"I'll never let you fall, I'll stand up with you forever. i'll be there through it all" <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Goals and hopes for the year - January 4th 2012, 05:31 PM

That's a great list of goals. I hope you can achieve all of them. And I bet you will with a little hard work and determination. Good luck!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Sistrurus Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Goals and hopes for the year - January 4th 2012, 06:32 PM

Thank you , i hope i can too i know i'm going to try my best.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Goals and hopes for the year - January 5th 2012, 04:30 PM

These are really, really good goals. They do sound like they would be difficult. But I bet you can do them. The one thing that I really think would help, would be to write down all these goals. Then write down what it takes to reach them. This will help you stay focused. With so many goals for one year, you're going to be busy. Which will keep you out of trouble It sounds like your girlfriend and you have a great relationship! Use her for support and motivation. For every goal, you should have a motivation for completing it. A reason to keep pushing forward. Maybe list all the reason that you want to meet these goals. I think that will help you stay on track as well. It's going to be hard at times, because, well-that's life. But it's totally doable! And it's not even the least bit silly! Very proud of you!

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Sistrurus Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Goals and hopes for the year - January 6th 2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow. View Post
These are really, really good goals. They do sound like they would be difficult. But I bet you can do them. The one thing that I really think would help, would be to write down all these goals. Then write down what it takes to reach them. This will help you stay focused. With so many goals for one year, you're going to be busy. Which will keep you out of trouble It sounds like your girlfriend and you have a great relationship! Use her for support and motivation. For every goal, you should have a motivation for completing it. A reason to keep pushing forward. Maybe list all the reason that you want to meet these goals. I think that will help you stay on track as well. It's going to be hard at times, because, well-that's life. But it's totally doable! And it's not even the least bit silly! Very proud of you!
Thank you i like them too. I am sure they are going to very hard, but i am going to try my best for sure . Yes we do hehe she does give me a lot of support and motivation. i might do that it sounds like a really good idea, thank you .

Closed Thread