TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
justmeg Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Meg

Smile feeling good about 2012 - January 4th 2012, 03:17 AM

i don't really know why, but i have a really good feeling for this year. i've decided to focus on the more important things in my life and spend less time worrying about the small things. i have big plans for this year (applying for an internship, planning to study abroad, and applying for a grant for independent research in india...) and i'm hell bent on making each of them happen. almost out of nowhere i have all this determination to do something, and this is the year i'm finally going to do what i want and stop myself from getting caught up in the insignificant shit of yesterday.

even if no one reads this, it's nice to just say it and put it out there along with well wishes for everyone else for the new year. i hope you all have big and exciting plans/goals!

happy new year
  Send a message via AIM to justmeg  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: feeling good about 2012 - January 4th 2012, 05:11 AM

I'm really glad I clicked on this post! It's awesome to see that you're setting goals and that you're determined to keep them. As long as you stick with that mindset, I know you're going to achieve them all! Shoot me a message sometime -- I'd love to hear how all of this works out for you.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: feeling good about 2012 - January 4th 2012, 05:34 PM

Hey these goals are awesome! It seems really cool to study abroad and go to India. That would be awesome if you could do everything on that list and I'm sure you can. I'd really love to hear how this works out and if you need some one to support and help encourage you, feel free to PM me! Good luck dear!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
justmeg Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: feeling good about 2012 - January 5th 2012, 02:40 AM

thanks so much for the encouragement, guys i'm really excited for this year and will be sure to keep yous updated on any exciting developments!
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Veni Vidi Vici Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: feeling good about 2012 - January 5th 2012, 07:29 AM

Good luck! I too have a good feeling about this year, something I didn't have for 2011, and the other years. Hopefully something good happens! You yourself look like you have quite a year coming up, good luck!

Carpe Diem: Seize the Day/Moment. -Horace

Veni, Vidi, Vici: I came, I saw, I conquered -Julius Caesar

(#6 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: feeling good about 2012 - January 5th 2012, 03:53 PM

I'm really excited for you right now! Don't you just love when you get all this determination to do things? I get that sometimes too! The start of a new year represents a clean slate. Well, at least for some people. IT's really easy to make changes when a new year comes. So now is a good time to start.

What I would do if I were you, would be to research all the things you're set on doing. See what they require. Make a folder for all the documents you collect concerning your goals. Make a check list. Write down all the things you want to do, then write the things you have to leading up to that. Check them off while you go. This will help keep you organized and on track. Part of reaching goals requires organization and structure!

Also, what about support? It's much easier to meet goals if you have people to support you and help get you to them? Are there friends and family who support the things you do? If so, utilize them! Ask them for help when you need it. Ask them for encouragement when/if your determination deteriorates. Also, talk to them about your struggles with meeting these goals. Sometimes we need an outsiders perspective to get us back in the right state of mind.

Anyways, good luck! I think you have some really good goals.
PM me if you need anything. <3

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
justmeg Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: feeling good about 2012 - January 6th 2012, 03:28 AM

thanks for the advice and support! i'm working on getting everything organized and have a bunch of meetings planned with people at school to make things happen. i will def post updates as i go along
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount32

Edit avatar

Re: feeling good about 2012 - January 7th 2012, 03:22 PM

That's fantastic, Meg! I definitely need to stop worrying about the small things! Best of luck, you can do it!

Closed Thread