TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount20

Edit avatar

By the time I'm thirty... - January 4th 2012, 09:00 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

In the next three years, I want to change my life so much.

I want to begin with altering my voice. I'm planning on talking to my ENT (ear-nose-throat, there's a more formal word for it , I forget.) about it when I get the upgraded hearing aids sometimes this year. I want to have a tolerable tune and a vocal range like Katy Perry.

The next thing I want to do is lose [Edited by Kitty.] or [Edited by Kitty.] pounds, be back in the double digit weight. It might be a bit low for my height (5'2") but I remember years ago, before I put on all this weight, everything was too big for me. Just a year before I put weight on, I got complimented on my stomach and I want the flat tummy again. I've looked "pregnant" for seven years, going on eight, now. -_- I imagine that will take a year or so, depends on my dieting and exercising. I put on [Edited by Kitty.] over the holidays!

The final thing I want to do, although it's rather important for me, more so than the previous two things, is that I want a stable job. I'm still uncertain of what I want to be, I'm on the track to be a teacher right now but I'm so depressed after I got my grades in Psych and ECE back! It's too late now to choose a class, but beginning the summer, I'm planning on taking classes in computer graphics.

The fourth thing I want to do, well, it'll most likely be by the time I'm 29, is get the hell out of Massachusetts and go to school in upstate New York for what I really want to do. I want to pursue a career in acting/writing. I love doing roleplaying and making fanfiction. If I go to school to strengthen my creativity, I think I can get there!

But there's this big-ass problem. My family. My dad might be a teeny tiny bit more supportive, but he'll start on about his cousin over in LA, and how he hates his job and barely get gigs. Dad, I know, I talk to him too! -_- My sister and mother will be less supportive. But after the day like today (my mom was pissed at the state of my house) I'm going to work on what I need to work on first, whilst going to school and wording what I want to say to my ENT.

Last edited by Kitty.; January 5th 2012 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Weight numbers are not allowed on TeenHelp

(#2 (permalink)) Old
theawesomeman Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jacob

Re: By the time I'm thirty... - January 5th 2012, 01:42 AM

Wow those all sound like great goals. My advice is to go from easiest to hardest. That way harder goals won't seem as hard. I would try talking to the ENT first, then school, then weight, then the job. Just a tip though whatever you do don't call it a "new year's resolution" it seems like those are even harder to do. Good luck.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
_sunsets64. Offline
dreaming of a glass castle...
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Anna

Re: By the time I'm thirty... - January 5th 2012, 02:10 AM

Good luck with everything and don't listen to your family if they're not being supportive--you sound determined and passionate, and I believe you can achieve your dreams no matter what gets in your way--don't let anything stop you!

"Those 3 words are said too much, but not enough" <3
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive. Never surrender."

PM/VM me if you ever need someone to talk to or just want to chat (:
http://liveforthememories.tumblr.com/

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: By the time I'm thirty... - January 5th 2012, 04:09 PM

Hey there!

I think you have some wonderful goals here. To be honest with you, though.. these are going to be hard goals. And possibly expensive. But having known you for several months, I think that you can meet every single goal! :]

I'll start with ENT. I have to be honest, I don't know much about ENT's. And I really don't know much about the procedure to alter your voice in such a way that you would like. But obviously this is going to be a very costly procedure. And because this wouldn't be considered a life or death type surgery, insurance will likely not cover it. I would start saving your money now. Build credit so you can get a loan from the bank. And even do a fundraiser! It might take a while to save up, but it's totally possible. If I were you, I would call your doctor and ask for them to refer you to an ENT. When you call an ENT, ask them questions. Previous to the phone call, make a list of questions to ask them. Ask all the possible questions that you can think of. This will help you get a better understanding/knowledge of the whole situation.

I don't encourage you to be in double digits as far as weight. I'm the same height as you, and according to my doctor.. it's not a healthy weight. I would look up online and even call a doctor to see what the normal weight range for your height is and then shoot for that! This will be a lot better and you will feel a lot better. A good way to lose weight is to eat healthy and exercise. Basically cut out all carbs in your daily diet. Eliminate sugar and fattening foods. Try to eat lean meat and salad. Don't drink pop or juice. If you do drink juice, make sure it's straight cranberry. It tastes gross, but it's much healthier for you. Simple exercises include going on daily walks for about 30 mins to an hours. Get your heart going! Cardio is a good way to lose weight. So maybe you can go to a gym?

I would take courses that interest you. You may not know what you want to do yet, but hopefully taking courses that sound fun to you will help. A lot of people enter a career and think that's what they want to do, but later change their minds. It's quite common! As far as failing classes.. just take them again. I know it's a huge set back, costly and simply annoying.. but if those are required classes, you have no choice but to take them again. Maybe get a tutor for those classes and do things differently this time around.

So by the sounds of it, you want to do something in the arts. More specifically writing and acting. So why not write plays, or write scripts for movies? You can take acting classes and writing classes. As well as anything that falls into those two categories. :]

Hope this helped you! I really hope things go well. Keep us posted. <3

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
Closed Thread