TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
alwaysme12 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question unsure - January 15th 2012, 04:22 AM

It seems like all of my friends know exactly what their plan is. I thought I know what I wanted, but now I'm not sure. My whole life I've wanted to be a TV broadcaster, specifically with sports, like erin andrews. But now I want to be that, an actor, a singer, and an OT. so basically I have no clue. I just want to be known. I'm a pretty good singer, bury I dont know how to convince my parents that that's really what I want to do, when I've never even performed in front of them. I just don't know what to do!!! HELP!!!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: unsure - January 15th 2012, 03:14 PM

Hey there,

It's ok to not know what you want to do with your life. I don't know how old you are but I'm assuming that you're still in school. I'm in my first year of sixth form, so I'll be leaving school in a year and a half, and I still don't know exactly what I want to do with my life.

For most of my life I wanted to be a journalist. Now I'm actually choosing what I want to do, I've changed my mind and either want to be a script writer or a teacher. It doesn't matter.

It's likely that your friends will change their minds about what they want to be over the next few years anyway, so it doesn't matter that you aren't quite as certain as they are. Usually, as you get older, schools offer more and more support about jobs and whatnot, and there are plenty of people to talk to when you need to choose what to study.

BUT if you do want to go into something like acting or singing, you'll want to start practicing now. Join classes or clubs, audition for things and practice, practice, practice, because both of those are highly competitive jobs. If you act seriously and go to auditions and rehearsals and try to do as much as possible, you'll prove, just with your actions, to your parents how serious you are about it.

Hope that helped.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Devil Dez

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: unsure - January 16th 2012, 01:29 AM

Like Hester said, it's okay that you don't know what you don't want to do yet. You seem like you're young still, so you have plenty of time to figure out where you want to go with your life. Some people just determine what they want to do earlier than others. I'm a sophomore, and while I've known what I want to be since the fourth grade, I know some people who still don't, and that's perfectly okay. It's also okay if you change your minds a few times, as long as you're doing what you enjoy a lot.

Let it come and let it be...

Send a message via Yahoo to Melancholia.  
Closed Thread