TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jeromak Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Go to France. - January 27th 2012, 09:33 PM

I always felt attracted to that country despite of all my anti french american friends. Something in the French culture is really attractive to me. Has someone ever been there? Are the French easy going ? Do you think it is ok to plan a trip there with 1000 dollars ?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: Go to France. - January 27th 2012, 09:49 PM

My cousin went to France as part of a foreign exchange program and she loved it. She made some lasting friendships there and she still keeps in touch with the people that she stayed with. From what she told me, people put a lot of effort into understanding her and helping her feel comfortable there. Your experience may be a little different, if you are not planning on staying with a host family. But, I'm sure you'll still have a great time and meet some wonderful people!

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline
Previously Apple of your eye
I've been here a while

Name: Suv

Re: Go to France. - January 28th 2012, 06:33 AM

My uncle and aunt went there last year. According to them, it was really difficult to communicate since they didn't know any french Personally, I have been learning french for like 7 years. And last year we started having Skype sessions with some French students. They are really fun. Their teacher was very warm and nice to talk too. French culture is really awesome, though if you ask me, I'll find it very similar to American or English culture

"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it."

-Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Re: Go to France. - January 29th 2012, 03:22 AM

I'd love to go to the Louvre and see the Mona Lisa. I love Leonardo DaVinci's work, it would be so great!

I love my Big Sleepy Bear.
I still fill my panties; do YOU?
No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. -Oscar Wilde
Buddy since 12/25/11 Self Expressions mod since 4/23/12 Helplink mentor since 5/9/12 . . . . . .Skittlify.
I was blessed by your companionship from 12/24/01-6/27/13

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Viky Offline
Average Joe

Name: Victoira

Re: Go to France. - January 29th 2012, 07:21 PM

I'm going to france next summer My French teacher said they are a lot more easy going if you at least try to work with them like attempting (politely) to speak French if you can, most of them will realise you're not a native speaker and will switch to English for you. It helps to just be polite to everyone while following cultural rules there that may differ from where you are

(#6 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Go to France. - January 29th 2012, 07:52 PM

Hey there, I think this is a great goal to have. Traveling is something I think we all need to consider. I want to go to Scotland, and I know plane tickets are near 2,000 dollars. Which, is quite a bit. You also need money for your food and place of staying. I would start start saving now. Also, so as much research as you can on the place you want to go. That will really make it easier to plan your trip. It's one thing to go on a spontaneous road trip a state away, but you actually have to be prepared for international travel. I would use google for research. You can find cheap tickets and what not just by some simple reasearch. Good luck!

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Re: Go to France. - January 30th 2012, 01:54 PM

Hey there!

I went to France as part of a music trip in high school. I suggest you find an academic program/ something offered through your school or designed for students your age. Usually, trips to Europe are pretty expensive, but costs can be cut if you go through a program. Plus, special programs can give you a great sense of the environment and make sure you see some of the major historical monuments and such.

I hope this works out for you!

Best,
Amy

Closed Thread