TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
fuzzy wuzzy <3's you
Not a n00b

Name: Lillian a.k.a Lilli

The goals of the biggest loser in the world! :) - February 25th 2012, 04:54 PM

So this is basically just an update and also i'm seeking some advice. I turned 17 Febuary 19th, and i'm now in my Senior year of home-schooling. Now that i'm 17 i've made a list of things I want to do to change my life and become happier. The first thing listed is either graduate or get my GED. I have talked to someone that I go to church with and they said they would like to help me either way. So I might not have the best home situation but I do have ways of improving things. Also i'm planning to get a job, and i'm currently working as a babysitter on care.com. I've been waiting for that fora while. Another thing was to get a functional car, that has already been fixed! One of the last things listed was to become more social, make more friends, and do more activities as a teenager other than just sitting at home through the week cooking and cleaning playing housewife, then going to church every sunday morning. As a home-schooled 17 year old in a small town social activities are kind of limited. This morning I called a local youth minister and asked them to talk to my parents about picking me up on the church bus Wednesday evenings for youth group. I'm very excited about this because now i'm actually making actions instead of just sitting around talking about these things i'm actually getting things done for myself to live a happier lifestyle. But stepping out of my "comfort zone" has never been easy for me. My friends just told me that no matter what happens through the week, no matter what girls stab me in the back, no matter what guys break my heart, no matter what embarrassing situations I come into, always remember that I will ALWAYS have my Sunday mornings with my home church and best friends. Every Sunday I get to see them and just laugh about all the stuff that happened to me through the week good or bad. But at the end of the day the choice is up to me on one hand I could not become more social, or make new friends, or do more activities. I could just give up on trying to make things better due to my fears of being out of my own littel comfortable box, or I could just go at it full speed remembering that i'm not loseing anything by trying. I've lived a "sheltered" life all through high-school, being home-schooled and loseing all my closest friends due to rumours, having to make new friends at church that I only see once a week because they live so far away, not being accepted at home. I can be the abnoxious loud mouth of the group when i'm in my comfort zone but when i'm in a group of teenagers i've never met before I panic and have anxiety attacks that's why taking drivers ed. in a community college was a BAD idea for me. So all i'm asking is just please give me some advice!!

~~you doubted me then, but look at me now~~

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Starburst. Offline
Skittles Minion.

I can't get enough

Name: Sammi

Re: The goals of the biggest loser in the world! :) - February 25th 2012, 05:11 PM

Lillian, I'm really proud of you for taking actions to make things better for yourself. Just keep going for that. Like you said, you have nothing to lose. Look for people on your community who seem kind and reach out to them. You might be surprised at how easily they accept you. To use your own words, go full speed again. Taking a risk could definitely pay off. Good luck!

HelpLINK Mentor|Social Networking Team|Articles Team
Skittlify

(#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Robin

Re: The goals of the biggest loser in the world! :) - February 25th 2012, 07:07 PM

First of all, I'm glad to see you're acting on these thoughts and taking charge of your life! The best advice I can offer is to be vigilant (as in constantly aware of any negative thoughts that might creep into your head) and to not become complacent (as in "relaxing" once things start going well - you'll have to make a daily effort if you want to achieve these goals!). Generally, I'll have several good days in a row, then have one day where I'm doubting myself, thinking I can't succeed at what I'm doing, that life is hopeless, etc. When you catch yourself thinking those thoughts, have the self-awareness to stop, breathe, and correct that way of thinking. Dwell on the positives, focus on what you're doing right, and be honest about what you could do differently/better in order to achieve your goals. Then, instead of continuing to focus on the worst-case scenarios or what you did wrong in the past, push forward! Don't get discouraged or think you've "failed" when you have a bad day, because you WILL have bad days. That's unavoidable. What's important is how you handle those bad days.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
ForgetMeNot9 Offline
Muggle
I've been here a while

Name: Megan

Re: The goals of the biggest loser in the world! :) - February 26th 2012, 05:36 AM

I think it's great that you're wanting to take steps to make things better in your life that you aren't necessarily happy with right now. You should continue on that path as far as it will take you If you want to make new friends and try new things or see new places, then take yourself as far out of your comfort zone as you think you can handle a little bit at a time. Reach out to people who you think are genuine and friendly, people who you could see yourself being friends with and just let the friendships grow from there. Good luck with everything, and take care!

Rescue is possible. Love is the movement ♥

Closed Thread