TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Theres always someone. <3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Nikki

Input on my goals? 2: Short term and long term. - April 18th 2012, 12:03 AM

Not really sure where else to post a thread of this nature, so I chose this forum because it involves some goals of mine.

It also includes me asking for some opinions and ideas too though - so mods, if there's somewhere this would fit better, please feel free to move it! (:

Anywho!
Last week, my boyfriend (currently long-distance) asked me if I'd be willing/able to work on some paintings for him and his family, as well as some other people, to ship for them to auction off at an event they started last year which is held to raise awareness and funds for Pancreatic Cancer research.
It's a wonderful cause, and I love painting, so I whole-heartedly agreed. I have two images his mother requested I complete, if I am able.

Well. After thinking about it, I decided it'd be a even better idea for me to maybe do some other ones too. Then I got the idea to ask my art teacher if I could count it for hours for the club I'm in at school (National Art Honor Society). Upon her saying yes, I then asked if it'd be possible for other members to contribute too - which she also agreed too.

So now, she should be informing other members soon of the service hour opportunity. I have myself as an email contact, so hopefully I'll get a few from at least one or two members, asking what they can do.

My only thing is, though I have a few ideas in mind for things to do, I still don't have that many ideas that I feel are good enough to be auctioned off to raise funds.

Therefore.

Current goal (over the next week or two):
  • Ask people for opinions, float ideas by them, and get a decently long list of ideas/options going.

Long term goal (now and November at the latest):
  • Get a collective group of at least 10 paintings, between myself and members to ship and be auctioned off.

Anywho. (:
If anyone who reads this has any ideas they'd like to share, I'd greatly appreciate it! My boyfriend is probably going to be thinking and asking people he knows as well, but I'd like to have an impressive list of ideas to possibly do.

♪♫"The mirror only shows
The shell of what's below
You can't go on suffering
The illusion of control
It's time for letting go
And now you know
Now you know"♪♫
'Now You Know' - 2Cents
Things get better.
Always keep fighting.
❤Feel free to PM/VM, or add me if you ever need a friend, or someone to talk to. I'm online quite often.
Add me on FB <--- apparently this is my creeper face.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Re: Input on my goals? 2: Short term and long term. - April 21st 2012, 09:23 PM

So you're gonna kind of start a group who wants to paint or create artwork for this cause? I'd suggest putting up flyers! Or talking to art teachers at your school.

I think your goals sounds totally reasonable and achievable. I suggest making sort of a plan, too? A way to check in with the people you gather to paint and such.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Theres always someone. <3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Nikki

Re: Input on my goals? 2: Short term and long term. - April 21st 2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Bieber View Post
So you're gonna kind of start a group who wants to paint or create artwork for this cause? I'd suggest putting up flyers! Or talking to art teachers at your school.

I think your goals sounds totally reasonable and achievable. I suggest making sort of a plan, too? A way to check in with the people you gather to paint and such.
Basically, though the group is going to consist of members from a school group I'm already in (: I talked to my art teacher last week actually, and she said I could use me completing the paintings as hours and that might help me get other members on board. She told me she'd send a mass email out to all of them, and I gave her my email address to give them if they have any questions and to get ideas approved, so the paintings will for sure be things that should sell.

In addition, I've also already gotten myself 6 pieces of canvas I'm personally going to complete, and I have one other member already on board with helping. (:

Its just a matter of coming up with good ideas to paint, mainly xD

♪♫"The mirror only shows
The shell of what's below
The illusion of control
It's time for letting go
And now you know
Now you know"♪♫
'Now You Know' - 2Cents
Things get better.
Always keep fighting.
❤Feel free to PM/VM, or add me if you ever need a friend, or someone to talk to. I'm online quite often.
Add me on FB <--- apparently this is my creeper face.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Re: Input on my goals? 2: Short term and long term. - April 24th 2012, 09:50 PM

Ohhh okay great!

I think landscapes and flowers and nature in general would be a good idea. Everyone loves that type of stuff-- totally universal.

Closed Thread