Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
BeckyCriesSkies Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!
BeckyCriesSkies's Avatar
Name: Becky
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Location: Buckinghamshire, London

Posts: 4
Join Date: April 27th 2012

need advice - May 3rd 2012, 04:24 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I have problems at home...

My stepdad hits me for the fun of it but doesn't care if I end up hurt or crying and my brother also hits me cause hes taller then me but im older then him. my mum and sister dont do nothing about it. I told my ex when I was dating him and he went mad and now my stepdad dont like me and really wants to hit me, like proper hitting me so hard that I could end up in hospital.

I suffer with depression and with my family picking on me it doesn't make me feel any better.

I dont know what to do cause right now I want to leave home
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Astha Srivastav Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!
Astha Srivastav's Avatar
Age: 24

Posts: 40
Join Date: November 25th 2011

Re: need advice - May 3rd 2012, 05:27 PM

Becky, you need to report your step dad... is your mum working and will she be able to support the family if he's not there? maybe she keeps shut because of that? try and do something about your brother do so that he stops beating you for absolutely no reason. have you talked to anyone about this? Any of your friends or your school counselor? If not, then you should. It'll help.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!
NarcissisticPrincess's Avatar
Name: Char
Age: 25
Gender: Female

Posts: 46
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: November 1st 2011

Re: need advice - May 3rd 2012, 07:01 PM


You know who I am, d'uh! I know all about this and you can come to me to talk about it any time. And I am sure that if I have a word with Mother she will let you stay a couple days or something.

Oh and you're welcome to come over any time


Oh, bless me Lord for I have sinned. It's been a lifetime since I last confessed.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
BeckyCriesSkies Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!
BeckyCriesSkies's Avatar
Name: Becky
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Location: Buckinghamshire, London

Posts: 4
Join Date: April 27th 2012

Re: need advice - May 3rd 2012, 08:08 PM

Thank you Athsa, yeah my mum does work and yep she can support the family like she use to wen my dad left. My mum does nothing about my stepdad or my brother and I have talked to other people about this but when people get involved it gets worse.

Chaz ahahaha of course I know who you are, you lead me here alright then you dont have too, thank you and I'm here for you as well x
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
I can't get enough
Tigerlily.'s Avatar
Name: Cheye
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Location: Nevada

Posts: 2,054
Blog Entries: 27
Join Date: August 22nd 2010

Re: need advice - May 4th 2012, 07:26 AM

I think you may need to talk to people who can do something about this, like trusted adults, meaning a teacher or a counselor, some adult who can help you to get the abusers away from you and where you will be safe. Maybe you could even go directly to the authorities, I know it's tough but in a situation like this, I think you need to get the proper authorities involved for your safety.

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper
theinfatuatedpanda's Avatar
Name: Manasvi
Age: 22
Gender: Girly Girl! ^_^ <3
Location: A hidden, faaaaar-off world where people love each other and everything is just perfect. :)

Posts: 764
Blog Entries: 11
Join Date: December 16th 2011

Re: need advice - May 5th 2012, 06:39 AM

As Cheye said, get in touch with a trusted adult. If that doesn't work, contact the authorities. It can be really difficult to deal with such situations but this needs to be dealt with properly.
Stay strong! xx

All we can do is Keep Breathing...!

Closed Thread


advice, bullying, family problems

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All material copyright 1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.