TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AlabamaForever Offline
MissKayla
Welcome me, I'm new!

Is this Abuse? - May 3rd 2012, 08:39 PM

So mom has been I think abusing me for a few years now here's some examples: She tells me that she wouldnít be here if she didnít have to be. She says sheís ashamed to be my mom. She dosenít like how I act but never helps me as she loses patience very easily, She tells me that my brother hates me too. She dosenít ever help the situation she only makes it worse. She says im just a big disappointment, and that Iím the one who made me this way. She also yells at me a lot because she dosenít have anyone else to yell at. I secretly wish that I was adopted. I always threaten that Iíll leave and that I want to be adopted and then she says ďfine then, go it will help me a lot. In order to control me she says that she needs to grab my throat but it scares me. She always says sorry after she calms down but it still hurts inside.

One into my room at like 10 o'clock at night and justs starts yelling "you were just on your computer the whole night, and you didn't do anything" Then she like almost hits me and then stops and i'm like don't and she's like oh plz your not even worth it (being hit) and then she's like you know what go tell your school that I abuse you i don't care because then you would be gone... I don't want you anymore and yeah

then one time she locked me in the garage when I was just wearing a T-shirt in the middle of the winter for an hour and I had to like hug miyself inside the car in the garage because I was so cold and I seriously thought I was going to die.

I just think it would be better for the both of us if i went to a foster home because now my brother's leaving for college so me and my mom will get on each others nerves even more. I can't even trust her anymore, im so angry at her because it's like she doesn't even remember what she did. Am I a bad person because I can't trust her or give her a second chance? I mean don't get me wrong she's a great mom except for a couple times a month, but Ijust don't know what's right and what's wrong anymore

HELP ME!!!

Also my coaches, my couselors and many other people found out about my mom, but i denied it so they let it go, because I can't do that to her it would ruin her!!! She's also the only person I have left, because my dad died when I was 7. No one else would want me or love me my mom even says so!!! I'm so confused, because there's such a thing as teen to parent abuse and what if i'm the abuser please someone help!!!!!!

So, I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
kkillian Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Smile Re: Is this Abuse? - May 3rd 2012, 11:18 PM

Thik about what is best for you. Talk to those same coaches and councelers and tell them what you wrote. About what you said about ruining your mom, that should be the least thing on your mind. I am having trouble with my mom right now, but I dont feel thretened. BUT, YOU DO!!! Think of when you thought you were going to die in the garage. Yes, this is not only physical abuse, this is emotional abuse. No one wants to feel like they are unwanted. If you went to a foster home, imagine how someone could love you. It doesnt matter that she is your only family left... because you could have another parent that actualy appreciates you. My parents wanted a kid so bad, but my mom got too old, there are tons of people like that out there. They would be grateful for you. You would be the center of their joy. Your mother is not sane. DO SOMETHING!!!!!

If you have questions about where to start, go to your counceler. Please write back to me and tell me if this was helpful, and write me if this is resolved.
Kenzie
"Dont let anyone look down on you because you are young. Set an example for the believers. In faith, light, love, and in purity" 1st Timoth 4:12.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Re: Is this Abuse? - May 4th 2012, 07:23 AM

Hey there, first off, I'm sorry that all of this is going on, and yes this abuse, this is emotional abuse and physical abuse at times, and you do not deserve ANY of it. I know it can be so hard but you need to tell someone and get out of that house, it is an unsafe environment for you and if you are as scared as you say you are, you really do need to get out, you didn't deserve any of that and it is abuse, and it was wrong of her to do that to you. I know you don't want to "ruin" her but this would help her, she seems mentally unstable, and whatever the reason is, I think she could use some professional help, and I truly mean that in the nicest way possible. It isn't normal to feel that way about your child and to treat them like that, something is not right with her emotionally that some counseling could help, and until then you need to be in a safe environment. I know how hard it can be but you really NEED to go tell a counselor, a teacher, a coach, any trusted adult who can help you, or you can go straight to the authorities yourself if you want. I know you think it'll ruin your mom, but really it'll help you both out so much. Please stay strong and remember, TH is always here for you, and you can always PM me if you want to.

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
AlabamaForever Offline
MissKayla
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Is this Abuse? - May 6th 2012, 03:40 AM

It's just it's not like it happens all the time and maybe if I was just nicer to her then it would of never happened

So, I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Is this Abuse? - May 6th 2012, 01:57 PM

First you aren't doing anything wrong, but she is. No one has the right to treat you like that. Trying to deny that it happens only makes it worse because then she doesn't think she's going to get in trouble for it. Talk to the same coaches, and couselors and tell them exactly what you just told us. By telling them you won't ruin your mom. Your house should be the one place you feel the safest.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
AlabamaForever Offline
MissKayla
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Is this Abuse? - May 7th 2012, 02:09 AM

It's just sees extremely nice and caring its just maybe a couple of times a month she loses it and yeah

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Re: Is this Abuse? - May 7th 2012, 12:17 PM

But those couple times a month are really dangerous for you, I know you don't want it to ruin anything, and it won't. It shouldn't, in fact it should only help. Obviously there is something that is seriously bothering your mom, to the point that a couple times a month she boils over, and then you get life threatening situations for yourself, if you talk to those coaches, tell them what you told us, maybe even show them the post, then they can help you all. They can help your mom with whatever it is that makes her act like this, and help keep you safe until it's dealt with. Your life is more important than all of these worries I promise you that. I know it can seem like nothing sometimes but you really do need to tell someone, for your own life and safety, as well as helping your mom.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
AlabamaForever Offline
MissKayla
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Is this Abuse? - May 10th 2012, 12:37 AM

The coaches wouldn't believe me, everybody just loves my mom

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Re: Is this Abuse? - May 10th 2012, 03:55 AM

I know it's hard but you just have to keep talking, try to talk to the right people, i.e. trusted teachers, school counselors, the authorities.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
AlabamaForever Offline
MissKayla
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Is this Abuse? - May 11th 2012, 12:47 AM

It's just I don't think I can

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Re: Is this Abuse? - May 12th 2012, 12:00 AM

Well I'm sorry but we can't help you if you won't take our advice, all we can do is be here to support you and offer advice and a shoulder to lean on, but if you won't accept our advice, we can't make it stop. Only you can do that, and if you aren't going to keep trying, we can't force you to. I really want you to know that you do not deserve any of what is happening to you, but you need to be the one to make it stop, and you can, if you keep trying.

Closed Thread