TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BeckyCriesSkies Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Becky

Unhappy The threat still goes on... - May 8th 2012, 10:29 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Last night I was trying to do my coursework, I leave certain things behind in the living room and my stepdad start yelling at me cause I walked off cause I had enough of them treating me like rubbish.

As well as that my brother still keeps hitting me and I really aint coping at home no more. Last night I started to cut my wrists, due to was my stepdad called me "Dirty old slag" Im not old, i aint dirty and I'm not a slag.....Im becoming rather sick of being at home.

I can not tell and adult cause they do not help at all! They make it worse, Some days I just really wish I was dead!

BeckyCriesSkies

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Choose Offline
Invest in yourself.
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: The threat still goes on... - May 8th 2012, 01:44 PM

Hey Becky, just wanted to give my two cents.

You are obviously being abused on some level, and it is wrong on ANY level. The fact that you were willing to walk away says a lot- that you won't take that crap. Telling any old adult won't do you any good, but choosing the right one might do the trick- someone that you really trust and can get you the help you need. Phoning the police is never a bad idea either.

Also, although this is definitely a rough situation, there are always alternatives to self harm, and nothing should stand in the way of you and your well-being.

Stay strong!

"Ignore the ramblings of the ignorant, and step on or over their crumpled bodies as you make your way to the top of the mountain. Eat upon their flesh for fuel, and, through your determination and will, banish them to obscurity and a life of complacency and self righteousness that is the hell in which they live"

-Richard Safreed

"Civilize the mind, but make savage the body."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Char

Re: The threat still goes on... - May 9th 2012, 10:52 AM

Becky,

I know how you feel and it upsets me that you have to go through this. Maybe try seeing the counsellor at college? Or go onto the childline website. They have counsellors too.

Xx

Oh, bless me Lord for I have sinned. It's been a lifetime since I last confessed.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Michy_Blackrose Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michy

Re: The threat still goes on... - May 9th 2012, 01:16 PM

I'm sorry you're experiencing things which are clearly very traumatic and unhelpful.

I understand your feelings about not reaching out to a therapist because you don't see how they could help, but it could at the very least give you a sactuary from your home circumstances, and a place to express the feelings you're experiencing in your volatile environment.

I would Definitely suggest that you reach out to a counsellor, especially as you're turning the trauma inward and using SH to cope.

You can always PM me. I can empathise with your situation.

Michy.

And I was in the darkness,
So darkness I became.

<3
  Send a message via MSN to Michy_Blackrose  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
♥Bliz Offline
Frosted but not frozen
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kyle

Re: The threat still goes on... - May 9th 2012, 04:45 PM

it'll be ok Becky, you can get help, you can be free. If possible, spend as little time at home as you can. you can also get child services involved if your stepdad hits you, they have no right to hurt you. As with being with you brother, i suggest you get a lock for your door or something.... just avoid them as much as possible, and hopefully it wont happen to much. I'm really sorry that this happens to you

If you ever need it, I'm here to help, talk, or whatever! ~~Kyle
Suicide helplines:
1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433) or 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
  Send a message via Yahoo to ♥Bliz  
Closed Thread