TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Need Help Right Away - May 11th 2012, 05:52 PM

My ex-girlfriend is currently going through a tough time with her current relationship. A couple of weeks ago, she told me that she had been raped by her boyfriend and it seems to happen repeatedly. I keep telling her to tell someone or to forcefully tell him "no" or to "stop.

She says that she tells him to stop but he does it anyway and she doesn't want to tell anyone because she doesn't want him to get in trouble. I told her that there's nothing I can do to help her but I love this girl so much that I can't stand to see her hurt.

Should I speak up on her behalf and tell her mother for her or should she tell someone herself when the time is right?

I just don't want her to wait too long and then something worse happen then this.

Please help me.
Thanks

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: Need Help Right Away - May 11th 2012, 06:11 PM

I think that even though she has asked you not to tell anyone, it would be best to tell someone, maybe suggest this site to her or tell her mum or the police. If she's told you, it's best to tell someone else, she may not be happy with you telling someone else at first but hopefully in time she will realize that you did the right thing.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Need Help Right Away - May 11th 2012, 06:18 PM

Thanks for the advice. I'd also be intersted in other replies but I think I'll eventually tell someone.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Mia.J Offline
Turtle
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mia J Cara

Re: Need Help Right Away - May 12th 2012, 05:28 AM

Talk to her, and try as hard as you can to convince her to tell someone about it. She really needs to get out of this relationship, because it's only going to get worse. And if she won't tell anyone, as much as you probably don't want to, and she may be hurt about it at first, but you really should let someone know what is going on so that she can get help.

Mia Jayde x

(#5 (permalink)) Old
survivor16 Offline
Like a skyscraper. <3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Shelby

Re: Need Help Right Away - May 13th 2012, 02:56 PM

I'm so sorry that you're ex is going through this, and you seem to really care about her.
This is a tough situation, and I would encourage you to talk to her and tell her how serious this is. Encourage her to talk to someone because it's only going to get worse, and that you know she doesn't want him to get in trouble but that her safety comes first. Tell her that you would even go talk to someone with her if she is scared to go alone.

If that doesn't work, I think it's best that you tell her parents or the police.

Also, here are some sources I found that may help you:
http://kidshealth.org/teen/safety/sa...hat_to_do.html
http://rapecrisis.com/ - 24 helpline, ect.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
JohnCoop Offline
Average Joe

Name: John W. Cooper

Re: Need Help Right Away - May 13th 2012, 09:44 PM

Call the police, get him sent to jail. The problem will sort itself out once the other inmates figure out he liked to hurt his girlfriend.
Sorry, if this seems a bit blunt or even brutal, but I absolutely hate 'men' who hurt innocent women and children and think they can get away with it. This may or may not ruin your relationship with your friend, but the thing is, he needs to be OUT of her life forever. If you can try and convince her to tell the police or at least give you permission so you can perhaps keep your friendship, but if you can't her safety from that pig is the next best thing.

Hope things go well.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Need Help Right Away - May 14th 2012, 07:22 PM

I can see how deeply you care about your ex-girlfriend. Personally, I think that you need to tell someone about this. It's really important that she get the help she deserves. Right now, she's being treated unfairly and it's wrong. She's obviously hurting and if it's happening repeatedly, it's not going to change anytime soon, unfortunately. Therefore, telling her mother, or even a counsellor or police officer, would be beneficial to her safety. She may not agree with you telling her but keep in mind that you're doing what is best for her in the long run.

Closed Thread