TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Alisha

The Cops Didn't Help Me - April 10th 2009, 08:16 PM

Hey y'all. I have a story to tell you guys. It's about a very bad experience I had a long time ago.
It all started when I moved in grade 6. I met a kid in my class named Tyler. He was nice to me so, I hung out with him. And I went to his house a lot. But, his dad was really annoying. Every time he was around he was touching me. Not in a serious way. But, he would want to play fight with me and tickle me. I never liked it. Because he was too rough and would hurt me. Plus, when I told him to stop he wouldn't. But, I would hang out with him anyways. Eventually my mom became friends with his mom and they hung out all the time. After a while, Tyler began giving me the cold shoulder so, I just stopped hanging out with him.
Then, in grade 7, Tyler's mom and dad seperated and he began to hang out with my mom a lot. I wasn't happy about it but never said anything. He would buy me stuff so, that was good. But, he'd still physically touch me in the same way. Sometimes, we would go shopping alone. That's what wasn't fun. He would find clothes that he wasnted me to try on and make me put it on. He never watched me do it. But, after he would make sure it fit but looking at it by putting his hands on my hips and near my butt.
One second, this is really hard to write my hands are shaking a bit as I'm typing this. Ok I'm ready to start again.
There were also, nights that my brother and I would stay at his house. And sometimes I'd go there by myself. One night in paricular was scary. We were in his car. And he got some alcohol and brought it to his house. So, he gave me a glass. And I drank a bit but, stopped because I didn't like the taste so, he "fixed" it for me and made it tast a lot better. So, I dreank more and more and more. I'm not sure how much I had. But, it was a lot. So, while I was extremely drunk, he told me that I was frunk so, I tried to prove to him that I wasn't drunk and it didn't turn out well because he laughed at me. Then, I passed out and woke up on the floor when it was time to get ready for school with a hangover the size of the grand canon. He told me not to tell my mom that I got drunk because I'll get into trouble so, I listened to him.
After a while, I got tired of being with him so, I refused to hang out with him and go to his house no matter what. Eventually he left and stoped hanging out at my house because he ws told to go away. I guess they broke up or something. Then, this year, he showed up in his car beside me while I ws on the way to work. He asked me some questions. So I lied to him and then he left. Then, about 2 or 3 days later I told the cop at my school what happened and my mom found out though the cop. But, nothing happened because it wasn't seroius enough.
Then , when winter break came, I found out that he planned to rape me on Christmas day but, still, the cops said that it might be an empty lie. Luckily, it was. But, I hate this! The cops aren't doing anything for me. They're just pissing me off. What do you think of what they did?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
pinkchick Offline
~!~Take Back Control~!~
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: London

Re: The Cops Didn't Help Me - April 10th 2009, 08:40 PM

I mean the cops really cant do too much if they dont know if its true or not, unless u get proof that he was really going to do that..the only thing they can do is tell him to stay away from you and to tell your mom. I say you try to stay away from him and if he comes up to you just ignore him.
  Send a message via AIM to pinkchick Send a message via MSN to pinkchick Send a message via Yahoo to pinkchick  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
niente_ Offline
Ex band geek, but still proud.
I've been here a while

Name: Niente

Re: The Cops Didn't Help Me - April 10th 2009, 08:53 PM

Stay well away from him. The police can't do anything unless HE does something. Silly I know, but true. If he comes near you, get away as fast as possible.

Sometimes it's better to forget how you feel
and remember what you deserve

S. M ... still in my heart, forever

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Bella Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Bella

Re: The Cops Didn't Help Me - April 10th 2009, 09:00 PM

I agree with pinkchick. The cops can only give warnings if there was no proof. If you called the cops or did something to attract attention for the cops to come during the time he was getting you drunk, then they would have proof and more. But a real-life story can't make them do anything without the hard evidence. I think that if he comes back in any way, that you should definitely document the times and the day and then it anything else happens that is physical, you will have background proof and present. Though do try and stay away from him and tell your mother about everything. Even if you feel that you shouldn't because your mind is holding back, try to listen to your gut, your heart. It always says differently. (:

- Bella

(#5 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: The Cops Didn't Help Me - April 10th 2009, 09:21 PM

Alisha,

I am sorry he threatened you and treated you like this. While I do wish the police could have done more the fact of the matter is there is only so much they can do. They don't have all the time or man power in the world and that means they have to prioritize. They might not have had enough evidence to confirm the threat and in that case it really is just your word against his. I would avoid him at all costs and take measures to secure your own safety. Some tips are don't go out at night alone, always carry a cell phone, buy some pepper spray, and don't answer the door unless you know who it is. If you see his car somewhere then immediately get somewhere safe and preferably somewhere too public for him to do anything. If you notice him stalking you then immediately report it. Try your best to watch out for yourself. If you ever need someone to talk to I am here for you. Take care and be safe.

Lots of love <3 Mimi

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...
I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Re: The Cops Didn't Help Me - April 11th 2009, 06:06 AM

Hey Alisha,

I'm really sorry that this happened to you.
Unfortunately nothing will be done unless there is evidence to proove that he planned to do something to you or did.
What he did was not right but if there is no proof nothing will be done because threats and rumors aren't something that you can be backed up on.
Maybe keep a record of things that you remember from the past and anything that happens more recently, keep dates and the police and help if anything does happen and you'll have an accurate record of things so the police can use those to help with enquires if need be.

Closed Thread