TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xoamnda Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: amandaa(:

I don't know what to put for the title. [Ventt.] - April 15th 2009, 11:13 AM

Hi, I'm new here, and yeah. I guess I'll tell 'my story'. I moved five-hundred miles away just to be near my mom's side of the family. We didn't talk to any of them for years, like eight years to exact. & They didn't even know my little sister.My 'aunt', was always touching and feeling my sister, and she was only six almost seven at the time. So my sister didn't think anything of it. My 'aunt' had creeped me out too. When we finally moved into our house, my grandma moved in too, she had lung cancer, and my mom was taking care of her. So my deadbeat 'aunt' that lived off my grandma for years, moved in with us also. So that meant that I'd share a room with my sister. Well one day we were cleaning our room, and my sister tells me something I wasn't expecting. MY 'AUNT' HAD MOLESTED MY LITTLE SISTER?! After my sister had finished the story, I rushed upstairs, and told my mom. She called her sister, and she said that she thought that my 'aunt' had touched her kids too. But she never contacted the cops. My mom didn't want drama or anything. So she told my 'aunt', you need to go get help, and I won't contact the police. A month went by, and she never went to go recieve the help she was suppose too. So my mom told her, you need to get your stuff and goooo! She called her, and left a voicemail, my mom called me, and told me not to let my 'aunt' into the house, but stupid me fell asleep. When I woke up, my 'aunt' was home, and a while later my mom had came back home, my mom looked at me, and she said " I thought I told you not to let her in the house?" And I told her I had fallen asleep. My grandma was laying on our couch, basically dying. So she had nooo clue what was going on. The chemo made her so loopy she didn't know.
Well my mom went downstairs, and she said.. " You need to get the necessities and go! My 'aunt' yelled and yelled about how the house was hers, and blahblahblah, well she grabbed clothes, and as she was walking up the stairs she called me a whore, and I told her "GOOOOOO" "Get the hell out of my house!" She mumbled something then walked out the front door. A little while later, cops showed up at our house, my 'aunt' had called them. My mom told them what went on, and why my 'aunt' had to be out of the house.
My grandma left soon after. Everything came crashing down. I lost family. That was the last day I seen my grandma alive. My 'aunt' had ripped away everything that I knew. After it all my sister blamed herself on a constant basis. She basically cried herself to sleep everynight, for months. She still does at times. It's been almost two years since the incident, and my god has it changed my little sister, she used to the person that would make you smile, she's still struggling with everything.
We've had so many legal things going on with my mom's side it's unreal. My grandma signed over her car to my mom, since my mom took care of her, while she was having chemo treatments.

* I forgot to mention, my sister has been interviewed SEVERAL times.
The story is always the same. EVERY SINGLE TIME.
It's different with my 'aunt'.

I was a victim, like my sister. But unlike her, I'm somewhat over it.
I still feel upset about losing the family. I hate that woman for what she did.
I seriously hope she rots in hell.
  Send a message via MSN to xoamnda  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: I don't know what to put for the title. [Ventt.] - April 15th 2009, 12:08 PM

Hey there, welcome to TH . Seems like this will be a good place to let out anything that's bothering you.

That's a really unfair situation, on a lot of fronts. But it's good to hear that you're handling it well. It's especially tough trying to comfort someone in your sisters position, because there usually isn't anything you can say, but at least you can always be there for her. Whatever happened to your 'aunt'?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
xoamnda Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I don't know what to put for the title. [Ventt.] - April 15th 2009, 12:10 PM

Nothing, there was a court hearing, and nothing happened to her.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Naomi. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Naomi

Re: I don't know what to put for the title. [Ventt.] - April 15th 2009, 12:12 PM

hiya
welcome (: [again :P]
that sounds really tough
is your little sis getting any help?
and what happened to your aunt?
also well done for telling soeone
xox

Dream ♥

(#5 (permalink)) Old
xoamnda Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I don't know what to put for the title. [Ventt.] - April 15th 2009, 12:18 PM

She had counseling, she's doing a lot better now.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Christinaa317o8 Offline
Christina
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Christina

Re: I don't know what to put for the title. [Ventt.] - April 15th 2009, 04:47 PM

Wow, thats wicked tough. To lose your grandma and have all of that going on in one day. You and your sister must still be dealing with a lot. How are you dealing with all of this?

The positive thing about all this is that your aunt can't hurt you or your sister again.
I hope everything continues to get better with your sister and you.

If you ever need to talk just PM me, (message me), you're more than welcome to.

Good luck and welcome to TH.
=]
  Send a message via AIM to Christinaa317o8  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Naomi. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Naomi

Re: I don't know what to put for the title. [Ventt.] - April 15th 2009, 08:36 PM

i am glad that your sisnter is getting better (:

Dream ♥

(#8 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: I don't know what to put for the title. [Ventt.] - April 16th 2009, 09:46 PM

Hey Amanda,

First of all, welcome to Teen Help. I'm glad you're making use of the forums and I really hope opening up has relieved some weight off of your shoulders. Telling the story is a hard process sometimes, especially in front of a new community. However, I want you to know you are more than welcome to ask for advice anytime.

Any kind of abuse is difficult. Especially when you're younger. It's difficult to understand with younger aged children and it often goes untold. Sometimes the fear of situations is too great, which can cause the child to deal with things all alone for many years. I want you to know how proud of yourself you should be. It's a difficult thing, dealing with what you've had to. Not only that, but you did the right thing in coming forward for your sister. You are a very good sister. As for your sister, if she ever feels guilty about this, remind her about how proud you are of her, ok? Congratulate her and tell her how hard it is to talk about sexual abuse. Especially when it's from your own family. Let her know that things may be bad right now, but they are on the verge of getting better. Things can never get better if they don't get worse. Your aunt would have gotten away with the abuse and maybe even continued if your sister hadn't come forward. Her having the strength to come forward stopped that from happening to you and to other family members. She has nothing to be ashamed of. She should hold her head high and proud.

I'm glad to hear your sister is doing better. I hope she can reach a point where she doesn't blame herself anymore. I hope she can be the person that she wants to be, someone who can smile and do the same for others. Keep pushing through this and you'll see improvements along the way. There is always hope and there is always a sunrise. Please take care of yourself and remember we are all here for you. I'm glad to welcome you to our community. I hope you can stick around. If you need anything, I'm only a message away. :]

~Stay strong and have faith.

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

Closed Thread