TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Katiebug Offline
I'm A Survivor - Reba McEntire
Average Joe

Name: Katie

restraining order - April 16th 2009, 10:50 PM

I got a temp. restraining order on the guy who assaulted me, I have to go to court next week to try to get a long term one!!

KEEP HOLDING ON
Be a Survivor, Not a Quitter
  Send a message via MSN to Katiebug Send a message via Yahoo to Katiebug Send a message via Skype™ to Katiebug 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Hyper Sonic Offline
Banned
I can't get enough

Re: restraining order - April 16th 2009, 11:04 PM

Good luck, hope it works for you

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Magical Forest. Offline
Crazy Penguin Lady
I can't get enough

Name: Hannah

Re: restraining order - April 16th 2009, 11:14 PM

Well done, you're being so brave!
I really hope that you get the long-term one.

x

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Katiebug Offline
Average Joe

Re: restraining order - April 16th 2009, 11:18 PM

thank you thank you for the support

KEEP HOLDING ON
  Send a message via MSN to Katiebug Send a message via Yahoo to Katiebug Send a message via Skype™ to Katiebug 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: restraining order - April 17th 2009, 02:13 AM

Hey Katie,

I am so proud of you for having the strength to stand up for yourself and taking the measures to ensure your safety. I wish you the best of luck in obtaining a long term restraining order. Going to court over something like this can be scary, nerve wracking, and intimidating. Just know that we support you. You aren't alone and if you ever need me I am here for you. I also wanted to add how much I love your signature. Never give up! If you ever want to talk about anything feel free to PM me anytime. I'm never to busy to listen. Take care and good luck with everything. Stay strong!

Lots of love <3 Mimi

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Katiebug Offline
Average Joe

Re: restraining order - April 17th 2009, 05:58 PM

everyone triumph as its downfalls, my other neighbors in our complex are talking about me. i heard them all out in the hall, one said i was a big baby and the other said that he should get a restraining order right back at me..
now I'm afraid to leave my apartment for fear they all are going to harass me again like before.

KEEP HOLDING ON
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAutumn* Offline
together, we are infinite.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: restraining order - April 17th 2009, 06:24 PM

Katie, you're so strong for being able to take that step and get a restraining order against him. Your neighbors, they don't have any right to be gossiping about this and saying those things - you're the farthest thing from being a baby about this because it takes so much courage to be able to report assault. Your neighbors have no idea what it's like to be assaulted by someone, so they shouldn't be the ones talking. What matters right now is that YOU know you did the right thing and that you're keeping yourself safe from him.

Good luck next week at court and keep us updated on how it goes! Take good care of yourself, Katie. [:

how could anyone ever tell you, you are anything less than beautiful?| PM Me
self-harm free since 06.10.11.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Katiebug Offline
Average Joe

Re: restraining order - April 17th 2009, 06:26 PM

thank you so much Sarah that helps a lot

KEEP HOLDING ON
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Re: restraining order - April 17th 2009, 06:51 PM

Hey Katie,

I just wanted to say that I agree with Sarah completely on this one. Try not to listen to their idiotic babble. It is pathetic that they don't have anything better to do with their time. If they start to harass you I would talk to someone about it. They have no right to treat you that way and frankly the fact that you are getting a restraining order against someone is none of their business. While not everyone in the world is kind and understanding there are people who are. Don't let their brash attitudes deter you from reaching out and getting help and certainly do not let it deter you from getting the your long term restraining order. I just don't understand what kind of neighbors aren't elated that someone they know is taking measures to ensure their own safety. At least you've seen their true colors. There are people who care so forget about the idiots and focus on doing what is best for you. If you ever want to talk I am here for you. Take care and stay strong.

Lots of love <3 Mimi

(#10 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: restraining order - April 17th 2009, 07:38 PM

Hiya Katie
Thats superb news!
Youve been completetly brave & have a lot of strenght to be doing what you are doing after that horrid abuse. I reallth admire your courage & I really hope you can get a long term ban on this asshole.

Jamie
xx

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Katiebug Offline
Average Joe

Re: restraining order - April 18th 2009, 01:34 AM

okay so I am having a really hard time with this..

its like being back in frickin high school.

he was only issued the temp RO this morning, and he's already moved out and gone..

I'm just hiding in my room, hoping and praying those ladies don't come and harass me.

It's too bad it's the weekend and all my support is gone, because I'm having a rough time and don't know what to do.

Then my friend, who was friends with him too, JUST came home from rehab, to this, she doesn't know what the heck to think, and she said she needed time to think about it, but has to deal with her own crap, which is perfectly understandable.. I just hope she chooses to let him go as a friend.. I DO NOT want him to touch her 3 beautiful wonderful children, they are like my own.

it just sucks right now. you do the right thing, and STILL get blamed.. just like high school all over again.

Does anyone want to be my friend and try to get me thru the weekend? If you live in the usa, i might be able to give u my cell number via a PM.. if thats not against the rules?

KEEP HOLDING ON
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Re: restraining order - April 26th 2009, 10:07 PM

Hey Katie,

I'm sorry for the late reply. I hope you made it through last weekend okay. No one who matters is blaming you for any of this. It takes an incredible amount of strength to go to courts over something like this and I know you can pull through. If those ladies seriously start harassing you then you need to mention it to the landlord. You have every right to live in a hassle free environment. Try not to let their malicious remarks get to you and remind yourself that they don't know the whole story. They are the ones acting like catty high school girls and you are so much better than them. If your living situation becomes unbearable and there is nothing your landlord can do then I would consider moving out. You don't need to go through that. I hope things have gotten easier for you. Try to remember that the past is in the past and you are taking positive steps in moving forward. I am here for you if you ever need anyone to talk to. Feel free to PM me anytime. Take care and hang in there.

Lots of love <3 Mimi

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Katiebug Offline
Average Joe

Re: restraining order - April 27th 2009, 03:22 AM

I didn't get the restraining order because I ended up in the state psych hospital on a 72 hour psych hold...

KEEP HOLDING ON
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Re: restraining order - April 27th 2009, 05:35 AM

Hey Katie,

I hope you are feeling better now. I want to remind you that I am here for you if you ever need me. I wouldn't give up on trying to get the long term restraining order. Don't let one bump in the road throw you completely off course. As long as you keep on trying there can be a million bumps along the way and you'll still eventually reach your destination. Don't give up. You can make it through this. You have support and you aren't alone. What are your plans regarding what action to take next? I know fighting can be difficult, draining, and frustrating but if you don't fight for yourself then who will? If you don't believe in yourself then who will? You are strong so use that strength.

Lots of love <3 Mimi

Closed Thread