TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TwistofFate_07 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Ashley

Was I abused this whole time and didn't even know? - June 4th 2013, 06:43 PM

Ever since I was born, I was mistreated by others including my family. I was called names like crazy, mental, psychotic, stupid, and a bunch of other names. I was also hit by my Grand-mom, but that was discipline but it hurt a lot. I was also hit by other people outside of my family. It was bullying but it affected me. I then became a bully and started to hit others and treat them the way I was treated to see how they liked it. My Grand-mom who has custody of me calls me names and tells me things like "Why don't you go live with your mom?"

See my mom was sexually and physically abused my my dad. He would force her to have sex with her even if she didn't want to. He would also beat on her and he even tried to killed when my mom was pregnant with me. He tried to shoot her in her stomach.

When I was 6 or 7, my mom met this guy who is now my step-dad. She has two boys by him named Johnny and Jayson. Their my step-brothers and I love them. My step-dad seems to love them more than me. I don't even think he loves me. When my mom, step-dad, and my step-brothers moved in with us in October of 2012 and moved out in April of 2013 because their house was falling apart and she felt that it was unsafe for my brothers. While they were there, he made remarks saying that he wants a biological daughter and my Grand-mom would say John(his name) you have a daughter Ashley. He would say but I want a biological daughter. He also never takes me anywhere but he takes the boys, his children, everywhere. Every time I turn around "Dad where are you going with the boys?" "New York" "Dad where are you going with the boys?" "Philly" "Dad where are you going with the boys?" "Father son picnic" but does he take me places....Hell to the no. He also never buys me anything but he buys them stuff. Like for Christmas, he didn't buy me anything but he brought his real children a shit load of toys and games. What did I get? Some PS3 games from my Grand-mom and two Christmas mugs from my mom. But nothing from him.

Everyone thinks that I'm crazy because of my mom's metal health history. I'm not saying that it's her fault but that's what people think and I'm sick of it. My mom gets treated the same way for no reason. It's not her fault she has mental health issues and it's not my fault either. I just wish that this would all stop. Help please?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
screaming at the sky

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Was I abused this whole time and didn't even know? - June 4th 2013, 07:42 PM

The negative stigma associated with mental health really sucks. I wholeheartedly agree with you; it's not your moms fault, nor is it yours. But it's the way that people treat you that has an influence on your mental health. People these days are so ignorant and immature that it's ridiculous. People grow up and raise their kids to be the same way and it just keeps going and going, and that's really unfortunate.

I also have someone like that in my family who won't buy things for someone because they're not blood related. I'm not sure if this is considered abuse but if it is, it's emotional abuse. It's definitely bullying though. I would suggest sitting him down and telling him how he makes you feel if he's the type of person who is open for conversation. If not, try to let your grandmother or mom know about this, it isn't fair. In the long run, I think it's kind of hard to deal with these type of people because they're really set in their ways. Hopefully he'll change for the better.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016
12.04.19 & 06.10.20

They whispered to her
you cannot withstand the storm
she whispered back
i am the storm.

Closed Thread