TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

An endless hell - October 23rd 2013, 02:47 AM

I know I should of reported it when it happened, but it has been months, and I really don't know what my family would think. I know they couldn't handle it. I feel like crying some days and others it doesn't bother me. It's the little things that can make me nervous. And I don't want to go to court. And i dont want to feel like this anymore. I want things to be easy, but it feels like everything has been on fright train and it won't stop. It's my senior year of highschool, I should be happy. I should be over this. Not like i'll see the guy again..

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

(#2 (permalink)) Old
HelpfulHeart Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Teleea

Re: An endless hell - October 23rd 2013, 10:06 AM

You are a victim. No one, I repeat no one should ever have to go through such a traumatic experience. Sweetie, I'm so sorry you had to go through something like that.

Don't be afraid to tell someone. Please don't suffer in silence: The police deal with this regularly and can offer you help and support.

It may have happened a few months ago but this event is still affecting you.
Even if you don't report this please talk to a trusted friend or family member.

Stay strong and feel free to private message me at any time.

Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: An endless hell - October 26th 2013, 03:25 AM

Hey there,

I am sorry you are dealing with this but I want you to know that you can heal. Something like this isn't something that you can just get over; it does take time. I know that can be frustrating because you want to be able to just get on with your life but you have to realize that you have been through a very traumatic even and as such you have to give your body some time to heal.

I think it would be a really good idea if you would seek out counseling for this. I know opening up about this will be hard but in the end it could be really beneficial. Counseling is one of the greatest tools in helping people work on overcoming the effects of things like rape and abuse and I think it would help you. If you were to open up about this you could work on healing and work on finding the best ways of coping with the things that occurred.

I know talking to your family about this might be hard but they could be a great means of support. Opening up to family and friends about this is a personal decision though. It might not be something you do for some time but it is something to think about.

I hope that this helped in some way and if you need anything please feel free to pm me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread