TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Bree

Moving on? - February 6th 2014, 10:14 PM

When I was little I was molested, and a similar experience happened a few years ago. I just want to let go. My whole life I have this fear of people touching me and the past two years I have made extreme improvement, but I want to fully move on. I feel that this had gotten in the way of many relationships and I am tired of it, I am ready to let go. I just.....don't know how.

If it is meant to be, it will be.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Moving on? - February 8th 2014, 02:54 AM

Hey, Aubree,

I'm really sorry to hear that this has happened to such a great person like yourself. It is very tough to go through, however, I know you can get through it! One thing is realizing that what happened to you is in no way your fault, at all.

Is there anyone you've told about it? Talking about it with someone you trust is the best way to start.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Moving on? - February 8th 2014, 05:07 PM

Hey there,

I think one of the steps to moving on is telling yourself that it is okay to move on from that experience. You are declaring to yourself that you are not going to let what happened to you in the past get the best of you any longer. Moving on is a process and you are going to have good days and you are going to have bad days so the best thing to do is remind yourself that the good days outweigh the bad days.

Are you currently seeing a counselor? If not I would suggest you look into getting one. I think counseling can be really helpful when it comes to moving on. Your counselor will be there to listen to your thoughts and you will have a safe place to talk about anything that you want. It takes time to build trust with a counselor but once you do it can be an amazing relationship.

Something else that might be helpful is looking and seeing if your area has a support group for survivors of child abuse. Getting into a group like that could be really beneficial because you will be able to meet people who can relate to what you have/are going through. It can offer you a whole lot of support.

Reaching out to friends and family can be helpful as well. Let them know when you are struggling and let them be there to support you. While they might not know exactly what you are going through they can still offer you support.

You can move on from this you just have to take it one step at a time and remind yourself that you are strong and can fight through this.

I hope this helped and if you need anything please feel free to message me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread