TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Okay need opinions - May 6th 2009, 07:17 PM

If someone in your school was having rumoured sex with a staff member there, would you tell?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAutumn* Offline
together, we are infinite.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Okay need opinions - May 6th 2009, 07:26 PM

Personally, I'd confront the student first, and get his/her side of the story. If the story was true, from there I would speak with the student and tell them having sex with a staff member isn't right, how the both of them could get in huge amounts of trouble, etc.

However, I think it depends on who the student is as well. If false rumors tend to be spread quite often about that student, chances are this would be another false rumor. Keep in mind that rumors circulate quite often in schools, and gossip spreads like wildfire. It's best to get the student's side of the story as soon as possible before proceeding.

Then again, you'd have to consider this - if the student was willingly having sex with the staff member, or if the staff member was forcing the student into sexual acts. If it's not consensual, definitely, definitely talk to a member of the administration about this, so the staff member is held accountable and suffers the consequences for his/her actions.

I wouldn't tell a member of the administration just yet - only if the student continued even if they were confronted by you, or doesn't listen to what you tell them. Then it's probably best to contact another teacher, or someone in a higher position of authority than the staff member having sex with the student, so this stops as soon as possible. Again, especially if the student is under the age of consent, both the student and the teacher [more so the teacher than the student, though] will most definitely be in serious trouble.

how could anyone ever tell you, you are anything less than beautiful?| PM Me
self-harm free since 06.10.11.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Magicalisland Offline
Human being
Junior TeenHelper

Name: E. Brill

Re: Okay need opinions - May 6th 2009, 07:31 PM

Unless you have actual evidence then I would not say anything. You get rumours like that all the time (at my school, anyway)and most of the time it is just people being silly because they saw it on TV. I suppose if you had really strong suspicions then you could discuss them with someone. I personally would not get involved unless I knew what was going on. I'm not an expert on this but I have read of loads of cases where teachers got fired and students got suspended because of silly rumours that were taken seriously.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Okay need opinions - May 6th 2009, 07:35 PM

Well it's not a rumour that's gone round the whole school. I got told by a girl today who said she was actually told by the girl herself. The girl that told me is usually right about most things. Even if I don't know it's actually true do you think I should at least go to a teacher about it and say there's a possibility it's true? I also spoke to the girl's best friend and she avoided answering the question.

I would confront the girl but her and I don't really get on and I'm not even supposed to know.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Pending...Work in progess
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Matt

Re: Okay need opinions - May 6th 2009, 07:57 PM

If nothing have been mentioned about rape, and that the student in question is of age of consent, I'd just leave it be. There's no harm if they're both of consent. You even said you're not supposed to know, so if it's not about rape and the student is of age, then just let it be, you would be meddling outside of your business without reasonable motive. Who knows? They "MIGHT" , but very unlikely, have a loving relationship and it's not to the business of anyone outside of the person's friendship circle to know or to tell someone else about it.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
lauren_160 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauren

Re: Okay need opinions - May 6th 2009, 08:05 PM

No i wouldn't unless you have hard evidence, it's more trouble than it's worth, to pressume it's true. The thing is; rumours are rumours, it all gets blown out of proportion, it all gets like oh she told me herself, she told her and then that person told that person who told their cousion who told her best mate who told me kinda thing.
Woah sorry if that sounds harsh lol,
let her deal with it in her own way, especially if you aren't friends,
the teacher could otherwise lose his job over nothing, etc.

Lauren

"The stars are always there but we miss them in the dirt and clouds. We miss them in the storms. Tell them to remember hope. We have hope."

"But in the ruins there is still a canvas. There is still beauty in your brokenness. The faded scars show healing reminding me that even though Iíve been in dark places, Iíve survived and learned and become stronger".

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Okay need opinions - May 7th 2009, 03:28 PM

Okay, I got asked today by one of the girl's friends how I found out about it. It makes me believe this even more. The person that told me also said they saw texts and msn messages from the teacher to her.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Barbed Lungs Offline
Crazy Cat Lady
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Nicola

Re: Okay need opinions - May 8th 2009, 05:29 PM

I believe it to be true too. Someone has told the teachers and it's being sorted out I think. =/ The girl told me herself but she only told me they'd kissed, but i've heard a lot more from ther people. Rumours are going around that the staff member is having sexual relations with other students too, so it needs to be sorted out soon so other people don't get dragged into it.

---
- I'm not strong enough to stay away -
- and I wanna leave -
- and I wanna stay -
- And I'm so confused -
- So hard to choose between the pleasure and the pain -
---
  Send a message via MSN to Barbed Lungs  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
FŁhrer of the sausage people
I can't get enough

Re: Okay need opinions - May 8th 2009, 09:35 PM

Yeah, I believe it to be true as well, hearing from several people who claim to have been told by the girl. I don't know how many teachers know either, but the appropriate steps are being taken, so hopefully it should be sorted out soon.

Closed Thread