TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
NatsuKuroba Offline
~Kuroba Natsu~
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Natsu

Unhappy I Feel Like I'm Fighting for Everything - August 7th 2015, 12:24 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Lately, I have been dealing with a lot of drama that I have no idea how to handle. My mother brought my brother back into our home. Just a few years before, he had been taken away from my mother (and my father, whom my mother has since then divorced) and was put into foster care. When my brother returned home, he acted out a lot. I guess this was to be expected after him being in foster care for a few years.

However, everything has gotten worse. He spreads rumors about me in school and constantly calls me names like "bitch" "slut" and a whore. He calls my 8 year-old sister all these things and physically abuses her and my mother and I. He keeps poking me ALL THE TIME My mother refuses to call the cops, and I am positive that I will be in trouble if I do so myself. He keeps me up all night by playing his video games at ear-splitting volumes. This is the majority of it all.

Please... Help me... I feel like I'm losing my sanity.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I Feel Like I'm Fighting for Everything - August 7th 2015, 03:00 AM

Hey there,

Honestly, you shouldn't be having to deal with this. I know you are worried about calling the police because your mom might get upset but at the end of the day you have to do what is best for your well-being. If your brother is endangering your safety or the safety of those around you then I would suggest that you try calling the police and see if they could do something to help. I don't know, for sure, what they would be able to do but if your brother is being abusive they might be able to take some action.

If you are really set against calling the police I suggest you talk to your mom about the abuse your brother is putting you all through. Let her know how it is impacting you and see if there are any suggestions that she has.

I think your mom is in a difficult situation because she has to think about all three of you and she might be hesitant to take action against your brother for fear of having him taken away again.

As for your brother playing games loudly, do you think it would be possible for you to put some music on and listen to that while you are trying to fall asleep? I know there were times in the past when I would put music in and drift off to that.

I hope that this helped and I am wishing you the best of luck.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
L4Y Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: I Feel Like I'm Fighting for Everything - August 9th 2015, 04:56 PM

I agree with the person above - the safety of you and those around you must take priority over everything, even if that means taking matters into your own hands and contacting the authorites yourself.

Even if your mother does not wish to contact the police, perhaps try and speak with her about what this is doing to you and your sister. There may be another way to deal with the situation, such as finding therapy for your brother or another solution. Best of luck.

Closed Thread