TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Delicious Chaos Offline
Junior TeenHelper

what should he do - November 14th 2015, 05:50 PM

Hey people Haven't been here in a long while but i have recently come upon with a dilemma. I have a friend he was married to this woman for 5 years. He got married to her because when he tried to break up with her he found out she was pregnant. So now 5 years into the marriage he is trying to leave her. She is emotionally abusive, she has hit him a few times. but of course there is no evidence of this because he didn't want to send her to jail or anything, he had low self esteem then. She isn't hygienic and he does all the house work and does is the breadwinner of the family. Recently he met another woman and they started dating even though he was still married. Today he was planning to walk out on his wife to be with his girlfriend and divorce his wife. He has told his wife about his girlfriend. So she is aware. Today when he was leaving the house she told him is he leaves she will get him arrested and claim domestic violence and he will never get to see his daughter. In 2003 he went to jail because he talked to a "minor" sexually and he set up a time to meet her. They later found out that the "minor" was actually a police officer and he went to jail and is registered as a level 1 sex offender. It was a stupid mistake on his part years ago and if he had met a real girl then there was no way he would have any sexual relationship with her. He would never harm anyone. Since then he was a model citizen. He didn't get in trouble with the law and he has been leading a very good life. He isn't the same person he was then and he isn't in the same place he was then.

Now my question to all you wonderful people. What the hell should he do? how is he supposed to get away from Mrs. Crazy without landing himself in jail. He doesn't deserve to go to jail he served his time for his stupidity and although you wont actually hear this everyday but jail actually changed him and fixed him for the better.

Any and all help is appreciated

Thank you

ďIíve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. Iíve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, Iíve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. Iíve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.Ē
- Michael Jordan

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
- John Wooden
  Send a message via Yahoo to Delicious Chaos Send a message via Skype™ to Delicious Chaos 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
iambatman Offline
Suicidal? Yes.
Average Joe

Name: Riley

Re: what should he do - November 14th 2015, 06:38 PM

I think he should get a really good lawyer. Then file for a divorce and for custody of his daughter *(If he wants his daughter, assumedly he does.) And he should have a friend like you or someone who knows the situation well enough to speak in court or talk to the lawyer. Then his wife would more than likely have to get a psych eval....To check if she is clinically insane, or if she has any mental issues. Then they would go to court....And I hope for the best...I hope this helps.

That god does not exist, I cannot deny
That my whole being cries out for a god, I cannot forget.

The gates of Heaven were locked shut. The pits of Hell, they were all filled up. And I fear I don't belong here.....

How could someone so perfect feel so insecure? As to scar her skin with cuts and burns and still want to hurt more. How does someone so loving learn to hate her own guts? Drawing a picture on her arm with a blade, as if her mind wasn't dark enough

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Delicious Chaos Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: what should he do - November 14th 2015, 06:52 PM

a really good lawyer costs really good money. As an exconvict he can't have a job. He basically sues companies for discrimination for a living. and he is a paralegal contractor and does some work for lawyers here and there. not enough for someone to represent him pro bono.

ďIíve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. Iíve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, Iíve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. Iíve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.Ē
- Michael Jordan

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
- John Wooden
  Send a message via Yahoo to Delicious Chaos Send a message via Skype™ to Delicious Chaos 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
iambatman Offline
Suicidal? Yes.
Average Joe

Name: Riley

Re: what should he do - November 14th 2015, 06:58 PM

Then do the rest...The court could just take his word for it...Not everybody needs a lawyer...My parents didn't need one.....

That god does not exist, I cannot deny
That my whole being cries out for a god, I cannot forget.

The gates of Heaven were locked shut. The pits of Hell, they were all filled up. And I fear I don't belong here.....

How could someone so perfect feel so insecure? As to scar her skin with cuts and burns and still want to hurt more. How does someone so loving learn to hate her own guts? Drawing a picture on her arm with a blade, as if her mind wasn't dark enough

(#5 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: what should he do - November 15th 2015, 04:30 AM

Hey,

I think your friend should consider making a report against his wife for her abusive behavior. He may even want to tell them that he wants to leave but she threatened to lie to police about violence if he did leave. It will help for them to be aware of that. If his wife poses a danger to his daughter, that needs to be reported too, so Child Services can look into it. It's important to have this documented prior to leaving. That way, if she does call the police in attempt to have him put in jail, something about her is documented and can be looked into. He should do all of this discreetly so his wife does not have time to prepare for Child Services in the event that they pay her a visit.

Your friend's wife is an unhealthy person to be around and I think he should consider making a plan and leaving when his wife is not around. He could pack a bag with necessities and any important belongings and arrange for a place to stay, a place where his wife won't find him. If his wife does call the police it is very important for him to cooperate with them. He's not in the wrong, he doesn't have anything to hide so he shouldn't get into trouble as long as he cooperates.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

Closed Thread