TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
-TheGreyWolf- Offline
Elf Master
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Danielle

Question I deserve it? - December 4th 2015, 08:56 PM

Few months ago,me and my father were aurgeing and I said he wasn't being a good influence on me,And he got mad and threw me to the ground and got ontop of me and started hitting me and told me if I ever say anything like that to him again,he would beat the hell out of me and tell the cops I came after him,Me only being 16. Then a few days ago,We were arugeing over him disrepecting my mother,As he calls her names and has hit her in the past,I told him you shouldn't treat your wife that way,And he picked me up and threw me to the ground then I got up and he pushed me against our couch 5 or 6 times,screamed at me and called me a worthless whore.My 19 year old brother says I deserve it for disagreeing with him and that he's always right.I've told multiple family members this,I've explained I want to be taken away but they all say I'm overreacting and that CPS couldn't take me in anyway cause I don't have picture evidence....I don't feel safe here anymore. Am I overreacting to all this,Do I deserve this??

Last edited by -TheGreyWolf-; December 4th 2015 at 09:31 PM.
  Send a message via Yahoo to -TheGreyWolf- Send a message via Skype™ to -TheGreyWolf- 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Pein Offline
how the world shall know pain
Average Joe

Re: I deserve it? - December 5th 2015, 02:40 AM

No one should be treated like that. Everyone has value in our world and anyone that says different is the real scum of the earth. Id suggest looking into it yourself to see if you can report it. If not get evidence that he is abusive and tell a trusted teacher. Or you can always tell a trusted teacher. I know for sure in the USA school staff, and any medical personal are mandatory reporters which if they see an act of abuse either child, adult, or elderly abuse they have to report it to the authorities. But just to make it go by quicker get evidence both pictures of any marks or audio recordings of him doing it and telling someone you trust.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
-TheGreyWolf- Offline
Elf Master
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Danielle

Re: I deserve it? - December 5th 2015, 03:38 AM

I called cps and reported it earlier today,But they said they couldn't do anything about it since I'm not being physically abused everyday,and that they would send a worker over but they never did.
  Send a message via Yahoo to -TheGreyWolf- Send a message via Skype™ to -TheGreyWolf- 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: I deserve it? - December 7th 2015, 04:35 AM

As it's been said, you don't deserve this. No one deserves to be treated like that and it isn't your fault.

It wasn't your fault for disagreeing with your dad. Everyone has a right to their opinion and you are right; he shouldn't treat you or your mother like that. I don't know if your dad has ever harmed your brother but it actually might seem like your dad brainwashed your brother or he is so used to seeing that sort of treatment that he doesn't understand it is wrong. Anyone who says you've overreacting is wrong. You have every right to be upset and you shouldn't have to live with your dad. He poses a danger to you.

The response you got from CPS is ridiculous. Abuse is abuse, no matter how often it is done and they should have had a different reaction. I suggest calling the police instead of CPS. Also, you don't need photo evidence or anything. It does help but it isn't a necessity. If you start to feel unsafe again, I suggest calling the police or going to a neighbor's house and staying with them so you have a safe place to talk to the police.

Hang in there.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

Closed Thread