TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Grim Reaper
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Cutie

Exclamation Sexual Harassment - May 27th 2016, 01:34 AM

This thread has been labeled as non-PG13 by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for younger users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So some guys in my class have been sexually harassing me by touching me and saying sexual things like "You're like my homework, I put you on the table and do you all night long" or " Are you a mirror because I can see me in you" (these aren't even the worst) after I tell them to stop. Even If I try to leave it doesn't work because the chase me down and corner me. I don't think the school will be any help due to the fact that one of the guys harassing me is the principal's son. I do have a witness but he is friends with the guys that are harassing me so I don't know if he'll vouch for me. What should I do?!

Last edited by arepo; May 28th 2016 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Moving to the Rape & Abuse forum. :)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Sexual Harassment - May 27th 2016, 04:24 PM

I'd recommend you report them. I know that it may seem like the school will not believe you (and those reasons are completely valid, especially with one being the principal's son) but what they're saying to you clearly breaks any conduct rules set in your school, are unwanted, and making you uncomfortable. You have the right to go to school in peace without dealing with this harassment. I'd bring your friend who has witnessed and tell authorities. Maybe start by telling a teacher who is not the principal and see if they will vouch for you as well. Good luck!

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Sexual Harassment - June 1st 2016, 12:18 AM

I agree with what has been said above. School is supposed to be a safe place and you don't deserve to feel uncomfortable while you're there. I like the idea of telling a teacher or someone else first instead of the principal so they can support you. You can also mention this friend so they can be questioned too.

I hope you're hanging in there.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#4 (permalink)) Old
baconmonster Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Sexual Harassment - June 1st 2016, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutiethegreat2004 View Post
So some guys in my class have been sexually harassing me by touching me and saying sexual things like "You're like my homework, I put you on the table and do you all night long" or " Are you a mirror because I can see me in you" (these aren't even the worst) after I tell them to stop. Even If I try to leave it doesn't work because the chase me down and corner me. I don't think the school will be any help due to the fact that one of the guys harassing me is the principal's son. I do have a witness but he is friends with the guys that are harassing me so I don't know if he'll vouch for me. What should I do?!
Hey I'm sorry to hear what they're doing to you. My advice is that you either tell the school counselor, or your parents. Now if the school dosn't do anything, your parents can threaten to get the police involved. My sister was sexually touched by a baby sitter while we were on an air force base, the base commander did not want to do anything about it due to bad publicity, but after an officer and my parents threatened to get the police involved they complied and took care of the situation.

Closed Thread