TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Don't you know you're lovely?
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jenny

What do I do? - May 30th 2016, 10:49 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So four years ago when I was in high school a young teacher started paying attention to me. It quickly turned sexual. I encouraged the relationship. There were times when I didn't want to have anything to do with him but he'd force his way back into my life. I feel so guilty for letting him take advantage of me. And even guiltier for encouraging it. I just found out he started teaching again at a different school. I'm afraid that he'll do the same thing to another girl. My question is, should I report it to the police or to the school? Or should I stay silent? And if I do how do I stay safe? I'm afraid this guy will come after me.

Jenny

(#2 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

Re: What do I do? - May 31st 2016, 03:24 AM

I don't know about the laws in the US, but where i live, you cant report it because it is 4 years old. If he starts stalking you/tries to start unwanted relationships, then call the cops.
At this point, I'd just say stay quiet. If you have some evidence of the relationship and that there were times it was unwanted, you can drop the school an anonymous tip.
Again, I don't know the US laws. So my advice according to the legal system I know is stay quiet, but, alert. And don't feel guilty. You were 18, my age at this moment, and I know how hormones etc make you take decisions that aren't the best. But it's not your fault. He was older and should've known better.
PM me if you wanna chat.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Don't you know you're lovely?
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jenny

Re: What do I do? - May 31st 2016, 02:53 PM

Thank you!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: What do I do? - May 31st 2016, 10:36 PM

In the US the laws for reporting crimes that are older do have a statue of limitation but this varies from state to state and depending on the crime. But, you can always report the person but if the crime is too old the cops are unlikely to be able to proceed. I do think reporting this to the school would be a good idea. You can do it anonymously and they should still look into it. I am not sure how they will deal with it but at least you can say that you tried to do something about it. Especially if you are feeling guilty about not having reported it.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: What do I do? - June 1st 2016, 12:34 AM

I think you should take some time to think on it and look at your options to see what is best for you. Like it's been said, there are limitations on reporting, depending on where you live. It's important for you to prepare for different results that could come from reporting it, because the process of reporting can be really difficult and draining.

I know you're concerned about other students and it is nice of you to want to look out for them. However, don't let yourself hold that burden. You can't control anyone's actions and you won't be responsible if this teacher assaults anyone else.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

Closed Thread