TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Novocaine9 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Arrow Emotional abuse - June 14th 2016, 03:15 AM

Heya everybody. I don't like to complain about anything, I always think everything that's happened was my fault. I mean after all, everyone told me that it's my fault. I used to get bullied a lot and it was mainly the people who I cared about most that dos it to me. I could never cry, because of I did then my mom would come in yelling at me to shut up. I learned how to cry silently and hide myself in the bathroom because I was scared of her finding out and getting mad about me crying. My mom always degraded me and shamed me. And then she got mad at me for not telling her why I'm always sad. My sister isn't nice to me either. She's tried to drown me before. But whenever o try and tell someone about it they tell me to get over it or laugh about it. My sister is always threatening to hurt me and her and my mom are always blaming me for stuff. My mom also body shames me a lot. I'm either anorexic or too fat in her book. She's always finding a way to make me feel bad about myself. She told me its my fault that I got bullied. Then she asks me if I'm doing everything for attention. My brother like everyone else ignores me now and never includes me in anything. I wish I could live with my dad. I'm trying to tell him how unhappy I am here. Any advice or opinions on what I should do? I try telling my therapist and psychiatrist about it but they tell me to get over it or that they're just doing everything because they don't know how to treat me. So, should I move in with my dad?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Emotional abuse - June 14th 2016, 12:43 PM

Hey there,

None of this is your fault, regardless of what anyone has said. When people bully, hurt or shame others, it says more about them as a person, than it does you.

I'm really sorry to hear that your mom yells at you for crying. Crying is a natural and healthy response, and your mom should not yell at you for crying. It's definitely good to go somewhere more private if you feel crying, just so you wont get yelled at.

It sounds like you feel you are getting ganged up on by your mom and your sister. That must be really hard to deal with. But it's not your fault for being bullied or the way that they are treating you.

I'm also saddened to hear that you feel your therapist and psychiatrist tell you to get over it. While it may be that your mother and sister have issues of their own, and not know how to treat you, it doesn't excuse their behaviour and you shouldn't have to put up with it either. I wonder if your mom is involved in therapy in anyway? Sometimes family therapy can help to teach how to communicate and treat other family members more respectfully. You could bring this up with your therapist, if you wanted.

It's good that you are trying to tell your dad about everything that's going on and how you feel. You could ask your dad if you could move in with him, or if that's not an option, to perhaps stay with your dad for a while and then go back home. It might not be ideal, but it will give you a bit of a break at least. If that doesn't work out, do you have other relatives that you are close to, or friends? It can really help being able to talk to others about how you feel.

Hope this helps a bit

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

Closed Thread