TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SelfHarming Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Need help ASAP what should I do - July 14th 2016, 07:15 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So not that long ago I snuck out of my house and went a little to far. I didn't realize where I was but all I knew is that I didn't make any turns. I was walking back towards home when these 2 guys came up to me and started talking to me. I talked to them for like maybe 15 minutes until one of them rappred their hand around my mouth so that I couldn't talk or scream or anything that made no is. The other grabbed my arms with one hand. That night I was raped and left there to do whatever. I had a major headache and extreme thigh pain. My thigh still hurts a lot. Now I'm insecure about my body and I don't go out of my neighborhood without some type of defense whether it's my bf, weapon, or my cousin that I would die for. But I can't trust any guy except the two that I just said.

I'm emotionally unstable
What should I do

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Need help ASAP what should I do - July 14th 2016, 11:57 AM

Hey there,

I’m so sorry to hear that you were raped. Have you been to the doctors? You should get checked out either at the doctors or at a sexual health clinic, as they can test for sexually transmitted infections and pregnancy. Because it was rape, and you are young, they will have to report the rape to the police. You may also be able to get counselling to help you deal with the traumatic event.

It’s understandable that you would feel insecure about your body, and you feel too scared to go out into your neighbourhood without something or someone to protect you. It’s also understandable that you would feel you can’t trust guys and feel emotionally unstable. Rape is a violation of your body, and it’s a really traumatic experience. Have you told anyone about the rape? Are there any responsible adults around that you trust, like parents, other relatives or teachers? If not, perhaps you can tell your bf or your cousin? It would be good if you can open up to others, and try to get help such as counselling from a professional counsellor or therapist. You don’t have to go through this alone and you don’t have to suffer.

Take care

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I cant help, Im always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Need help ASAP what should I do - July 15th 2016, 08:38 PM

I've been in your boat before, I know it's hard. What I did that helped was I reported it, and talked to my doctor. I got a lot of therapy and eventually it helped enough that I was able to go into my neighborhood without having to have someone with me all the time. I'm still scared to leave the house at night, but that might take a while. Let me know if you need anything. I hope this helps a bit.

You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

Closed Thread