TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I can't get enough

Name: Calaer

Angry Child Abusers and where to find them. - May 29th 2017, 01:00 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Okay, so I'm writing this because I'm conflicted. Just as another warning, this will be triggering, this is about child abuse, so please take that in to consideration before reading this post, thanks.

So, my dad has a couple of friends who are truly lovely people. We will call them D&G. Now D&G are married and are truly lovely people and have two kids, B&J. B is a wonderful person, she is so smart, doing very well for herself, and is just a kind hearted spirit. J on the other hand is as dumb as a rock. I mean the kid is just an idiot. He ended up getting married young (which I'm not downing that, I was married fairly young as well) and he and his wife (we will call her A) had three kids, spanning about three years. So the youngest one that they have, which at the time wasn't even six months old gets rushed to the hospital, and there they find that the baby was hit so hard in the head that he had bleeding on the brain, and they truly didn't think the baby was going to make it.

They rushed him to a major children's hospital in our area, and fortunately enough, they ended up saving the little baby's life.

Now as soon as the bleeding was found on the baby, the hospital called CPS and they took the other two children away from the parents (the baby was technically in the hospital's custody at this point, but for clarification, they took him from the parents as well) and they've been under investigation for ages now. I know D&G & B&J every well. I grew up with them. They lived right down the road and B&I were very very close friends at one point before we both kinda moved off to do our things. I never thought J would have been capable of doing something like this, even if he is an idiot. While I don't know his wife, A, I never really thought much of that either.

While I think it goes without saying, I don't doubt that this has happened accidentally, as I don't see something like this being an accident, simply because the sheer force needed to cause that much damage doesn't seem like an accident, and in my opinion, they both deserved to be arrested, which brings me to my next point, they were. Yesterday both of them were arrested and charged with 1st degree child abuse and could be facing up to 40 years, which I also think is a wonderful thing. I'd never tell their family this, because I love these people too much to hurt them by saying things like that, as they are taking all of this a bit hard. They truly don't believe J was capable of this, and they don't believe it was done on purpose. They do believe it was an accident, and I mean, I can't say I don't understand why they feel that way, and I wouldn't know if I'd feel any different if it was my child, as I've never been in a situation like this (and hope I never will.)

Anyway, I just feel guilty for feeling better about them being locked up and their children taken away. Anyone who knows me, knows my love for children, and I cannot stand the thought of any child getting hurt. As soon as they told me what was going on, I felt bad for J&G. G is such such a kind hearted women and J is a wonderful soul as well. Both of them are very good people, and I can't even begin to imagine what they are going through. I know G is taking it very very hard, and I feel so bad. Really, but I truly believe they both deserved to be locked away, and I hope they both get maximum time for what they've done.

I'm also struggling to know how to deal with feeling slightly guilty for all of this. I would NEVER tell D&G&B how I feel about J&A, but when I'm around and they talk about how they feel, I can't help but feel guilty about it, and also even more firm about my belief that they deserve to be in prison, not just in a county jail. (Which, I'm sure they will be once they are sentenced.)

I dunno, I just feel kinda bad about it sometimes and really wanted to get all of this off my chest. Thanks for letting me rant about it.

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

Send a message via Skype™ to Calaer 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount24

Edit avatar

Re: Child Abusers and where to find them. - May 29th 2017, 01:36 PM

I think it was very brave of you to open up to us, even if it was just a rant. It must be very difficult having someone you know be the one abusing a child, whether or not the evidence shows it. I don't think you are in the wrong for having your own opinion and feelings about the whole thing. The best you can do, really, is put aside your personal feelings and support your friends. This doesn't mean your own thoughts on everything isn't valid. It still is!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Child Abusers and where to find them. - May 29th 2017, 02:50 PM

Thanks. I've honestly been feeling so guilty about feeling this way...

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Child Abusers and where to find them. - May 29th 2017, 07:52 PM

It doesn't seem as though you have anything to be guilty about. If the police arrested them then it is very likely that the investigation showed that these people, most likely, intentionally harmed the baby. I am quite positive that hospital staff can determine the likelihood of something like this being an accident.

It sounds as though CPS is on top of this which is good because a lot of the time CPS does not take action when they should.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Child Abusers and where to find them. - May 30th 2017, 02:42 AM

I understand that All too well.

Closed Thread