TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dust and Ash

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Aiyannah

Idk why they do this - August 30th 2018, 12:54 AM

I'm just, ugh. I'm in tears right now because my stepdad keeps talking crap about me. And my mom always thinks I am lying and called me a whore for liking a guy. I don't know what to do. I hate feeling like this. I hate that i can't ever have a decent relationship without being called names by my parents

When the world drags you down, roll over and smell the roses.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Skyline Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Skye

Re: Idk why they do this - August 30th 2018, 11:44 AM

I am so sorry to hear that this is happening. I don't have much time right now to write a long post but I felt like I had to say something. Just know that you don't deserve the kind of treatment you are getting. You deserve to feel attraction and love and lust and you deserve to be curious about these feeling and to want to engage with them. you are COMPLETELY normal, don't ever let your parents or anyone else make you feel otherwise.
What do you mean when you say your stepdad talks crap about you and your mum thinks you're lying ?

"You shall love your crooked neighbour / with your crooked heart."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Idk why they do this - September 2nd 2018, 11:55 PM

You definitely don't deserve this kind of treatment. Something to think about is that by nature, a lot of people want their abusive parents to change and they hold onto that hope. The hope can be a positive thing, but it can also be painful because many abusive parents do not change. It is hard but maybe you can try to lower any expectations you have of your parents; anything above those expectations will just be a pleasant surprise.

Do you have a safe place, like your bedroom or a place outside of the house you like to visit? Maybe a friend's house? Utilize places like that. You can also consider joining some things at school, looking into work, or volunteering so you can get out of the house as often as possible and thus spend less time near your parents.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

Closed Thread