TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Heathen Offline
Beauty and Bedlam
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jordan

Sex after assault - October 24th 2019, 03:42 PM

I have been sexually assaulted multiple times in my life by multiple people. Some of it occurred over a long period of time, other times it was an isolated incident. All of them have contributed to my PTSD and dissociative episodes that come with it. It's something I find shameful and upsetting to feel and talk about.

In 2016 I was raped at a party. I truly lost myself for months after that happened. Gradually I was able to cope more but sometimes I still have trouble. I had this problem last night with a partner and it contributes to a bigger problem.

Sex is a huge part of my life. I love sex. After I got raped, my partner at the time and I would still have sex. I would dissociative and have a massive freak out every time after we finished, sometimes during, but I was determined not to lose that part of my life. I didn't want to give "him" that power. People told me to stop having sex until I could find a less triggering mental space but i refused to listen. As a result I worry I pushed that partner away from our intimacy. We are broken up and are good friends now; however, even though I've asked her if my fear is true and she says it isn't I worry she's lying. We never had sexual issues until my rape. It became a lot less frequent and she became less interested after that year.

Last night I was having sex with my new partner and in the middle I started seeing him, my rapist. I couldn't separate the two people. I started having a panic attack during sex, especially when the person finished. They didn't notice and I refused to let them because I wanted to have sex again later that night and I thought if they saw me anxious I may not get to have sex with them. I KNOW it's probably in my best interest to stop when these things happen, especially because I was seeing him as my rapist the rest of the night on and off, but I push myself anyway. I just don't want to lose sex. And now I'm worried I'll never get totally back to normal sexually post-rape.

How do you do this after assault? How do you navigate sexuality? How do you know when to stop a situation and when to say it's okay to keep going? And if you keep going when you shouldn't how do you stop from hating yourself and self-harm afterwards?

The moon asked the crow
For a little show
In the hazy milk of twilight
No one had to know
The moon asked the crow...
  Send a message via Yahoo to Heathen  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Sex after assault - October 29th 2019, 08:47 AM

Hey,

I don't know that I am the best person to respond to this but I've seen that you're waiting for a response and I wanted to try.

Sex after assault can be extremely difficult. I tend to struggle more with things after sex. After I've had sex I tend to freak out and feel dirty etc. To be honest I have not found anything to really help. I have talked to my therapist about it and she and I tried to process it. That helped a bit but I still struggle.

I think the thing that helps me the most is having a supportive partner. Being able to talk to them about it. Being able to say "Hey, this is how I am feeling'. He doesn't know how to help but being able to voice it and having someone support me and tell me that it is awful I have to deal with all that does help.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|