TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
deartrixie Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Trixie Stone

Mental Breakdown - June 11th 2009, 11:19 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

so yesterday in school, one of my close guy friends, said the following:
rape victims dont deserve sympathy.
like, if you were raped yesterday, im sorry, but if it was a month ago, move on.
they need to stop whining.

then last night, one of my friends commented a pic on my facebook tht wasnt in any way shape or form revealing, saying tht I asked for it. every one no TH knows what happened, {or at least the ppl tht were here before the infamous crash} and to be hoenst, that made me go off the fucknig wall.
and then i went to look for the girl who said it and i came across another ne of my "friends" and told her what the girl sid to me, and she says "well you kinda are...." i mean really, no one aks for sexual absue to happen, yew just, yew dont say tht to somenoe.
so of course i went beserck. i went into the bathroom and started crying hysterically. i completely has a meltdown, it was terrible.
am I overreacting?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: Mental Breakdown - June 12th 2009, 12:30 AM

Trixie,
You were in no way overreacting. You said it yourself--no one asks for sexual abuse to happen. That's the bottom line. You didn't deserve it, you weren't asking for it. And you know what--let's say there was some individual out there who did ask someone she loved to hurt them, for whatever reason. It STILL would not be okay for that person to hurt the individual. Sexual abuse is never, EVER okay. I am so sorry that your friends don't understand. I know what that's like. Do you think it might be helpful to sit down with one or two friends who you are closest to, or who are most likely to understand, and explain to them why what they said bothered you so much? I've found that with some people, they just don't understand--and once it's explained to them, their attitude changes.

Hang in there....this was NOT your fault, and you were not at all overreacting. Take good care of yourself, okay?

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Send a message via MSN to Jen  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Re: Mental Breakdown - June 12th 2009, 01:05 AM

don't listen to these people, rape is scary and definitly not your fault. get over it on your own time, not anyone elses.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Christinaa317o8 Offline
Christina
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Christina

Re: Mental Breakdown - June 12th 2009, 01:39 AM

Oh my gosh!
You are not overreacting. I remember replying to one of your first threads, or one of them and what happened to you was not your chosen fate. Those people DO NOT know what it feels like to be raped or abused if they have the nerve to say those things. it is completely wrong and not okay. You do not deserve that. You deserve better friends. You cannot "get over" being raped or being abused, with time you learn to live with your peace, it does not make it any easier just more liveable I guess. A month is not a long time. He had no right in saying what he said to you and I hope you never believe any of that.

You did not want this to happen, and its okay to cry. Those people are wrong, just believe in yourself and stay strong no matter what those people say. They don't know, they don't. I would never want them to know what it feels like, but they don't have the right to say those things. NOBODY deserves to be violated like that. I don't care if a person has sex with 50 people, or if a person steals cheats and lies, they don't deserve abuse like rape.

Keep your chin up,
-Christina

ps. The Tenth Circle is an amazing book, a lot of us relate to Trixie. To some she's a chracter in a book, but she's also a real inspiration. I think I've already told you this before, but ohwell.

Love is all we need. :]
FORMER [HelpLinkMentor][LiveHelpOperator]
  Send a message via AIM to Christinaa317o8  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Samantha

Re: Mental Breakdown - June 12th 2009, 01:57 AM

You are not overreacting at all! sexual abuse is not something that people just get over. That was really rude and insensitive of them to say those things. They shouldnt be talking about something they obviously know nothing about.
I dont know if they are just plain rude or if they truly just dont understand sexual abuse at all and the mental affects it has on a person. If you think they truly dont understand it may be worth sitting down and talking to them in a calm manner.
You have every right to be upset. Sexual abuse is scary and no one deserves it.

PM me if you need/want to talk

~Samantha~

(#6 (permalink)) Old
ieatpeople Offline
Teehee..i eat cheeks first...
Average Joe

Name: Nicole

Re: Mental Breakdown - June 14th 2009, 02:09 PM

they people have absolutely no concept of rape and the trauma it brings! ignore them... dont go wasting your precious time on people like that.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Mental Breakdown - June 15th 2009, 01:51 AM

Hey,

Like the others have said: you are not overreacting. Rape is a horrible thing to go through and people deal with it in their own way and they 'get over it'(You really don't get over it, you learn to live with it) at their own pace. The people who are saying this to you obviously do not understand this and need to either keep their mouths shut or 'grow up'.

You didn't ask for this at all and it isn't something that people 'get over' in a day or a week. Sometimes it takes people a very long time to accept it and move on.

Please do not let these people bring you down. You are a strong person and you will be okay.

If you need someone to talk to feel free to pm or aim me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread