TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I'm a vampire
Not a n00b

Name: Dylan

it's happening again - June 12th 2009, 04:50 PM

for the past few nights my father has been trying to rape me and afterward he's gonna beat me
i just dont know what i should do, i told authorities but they arent going to do anything
i've been trying to fight but now i'm just too worn out to continue fighting him
... support please? i could really use it. it's been almost a couple of years since he last tried and i really dont know what to do

MUSIC = LIFE
  Send a message via AIM to Phoenix Enforcer  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
MaggzB Offline
I love him so much <3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Maggie

Re: it's happening again - June 12th 2009, 05:46 PM

i am sorry to hear this i am not tooo sure what to say to help but stay strong and resist it as long as you can good luck

pm anytime to talk about anything (:

i love you <3
  Send a message via AIM to MaggzB Send a message via MSN to MaggzB Send a message via Yahoo to MaggzB Send a message via Skype™ to MaggzB 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: it's happening again - June 12th 2009, 07:10 PM

If you have ANYWHERE else to go, please, go now, before he follows through with his threats.

I find it shocking that the police won't do anything about this. Are they expecting you to provide evidence of abuse? In any case, there are safehouses and other victims' resources available. Perhaps an agent at one of those organizations could help you re-present your case to the police and, at the very least, issue a restraining order against your father.

I am so sorry that you have to deal with this. =(

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: it's happening again - June 12th 2009, 10:30 PM

Dylan,
I am so sorry that this is happening again. You shouldn't have to fight him off. It's not your responsibility to do that, and it makes sense that you're worn out. Dylan, what happened when you went to the authorities? Also, when was the last time that you went? It is ALWAYS okay to reach out and keep talking until someone listens to you. Reaching out to the police, or another trusted adult, can definitely seem scary but Dylan, you deserve to be safe and in a loving house. It is never, ever, okay for your father to be doing what he's doing, no matter how often he's doing it or not doing it.

Let us know how it goes, okay? Take good care of yourself and I'm here if you want to talk more. <3

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Send a message via MSN to Jen  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Glow Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: it's happening again - June 12th 2009, 10:58 PM

Hello Dylan,

I'm so sorry you have to go through this but like Jen said, reaching out until someone listens is always ok. For now, I would suggest seeking out a trusted adult and going somewhere else. You deserve more than this. Everyone does. Did you try talking to the police? Or do you not think they will do anything.......I'm pretty sure something will come out of it if you try.

If you need anything, you can PM me. I'm new here and I love making new friends.

Glow

(#6 (permalink)) Old
cutie_stef Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Stefani Lima

Re: it's happening again - June 13th 2009, 12:23 AM

Can't you stay at a friend's until the cops do something?

(#7 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: it's happening again - June 14th 2009, 02:09 AM

Hey Dylan,

I am so sorry you are going through this. No one deserves this. Have you considered talking to a school counselor or something? If you tell them what is going on they will have to report it to the authorities and then the authorities will have no choice but to take action.

Also, someone else said that their are safe houses and what not, and that is true. If you were to talk to a school counselor they might be able to help you find a safe place to go. If that doesn't work you could go to a homeless shelter and tell them what is going on and they will also be able to find you a safe place to stay..or they should be.

If you don't want to do any of that is there any other adult you can talk to? A friends parent or something? Please find a way to get away from your father and that horrible situation.

If you need someone to talk to feel free to aim or pm me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread