TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lost_Confused Offline
Wherever life takes me.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Nika

Question This really urgent feeling..? - July 8th 2009, 10:23 PM

I know it's not horrible, or even that bad or anything, but I have this weird feeling that I'm going to be raped this weekend, or very soon. I even have a feeling on who.
It's not that I'd want to be, I just have this gut feeling..
Does anyone know why I'd feel like this at all..?

Last edited by Lost_Confused; July 8th 2009 at 10:39 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: This really urgent feeling..? - July 8th 2009, 11:05 PM

Hey there,

It must feel very scary to have such a premonition. I'm wondering if what you are feeling is kind of a random feeling (like an irrational fear almost) or if there's substance to it. If there is substance to it (meaning you were threatened with rape, you know someone who is a rapist, you know someone who might do that to you, etc.) then it's VERY important that you reach out to an adult immediately who can help you. Either way it might be a good idea to talk to someone about your feeling. Can you give us some more information about what's going on?

Be safe--take care of yourself. <3

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Send a message via MSN to Jen  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: This really urgent feeling..? - July 9th 2009, 12:39 AM

Maybe you are feeling this way because rape has been on your mind? Have you recently talked to someone about rape or heard about someone it happened to? Hopefully it won't come true and good luck. Maybe to keep yourself safe don't go anywhere alone, always carry a cell phone on you, and maybe learn some self defense techniques.

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lost_Confused Offline
Wherever life takes me.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Nika

Re: This really urgent feeling..? - July 9th 2009, 12:56 AM

Quote:
It must feel very scary to have such a premonition. I'm wondering if what you are feeling is kind of a random feeling (like an irrational fear almost) or if there's substance to it. If there is substance to it (meaning you were threatened with rape, you know someone who is a rapist, you know someone who might do that to you, etc.) then it's VERY important that you reach out to an adult immediately who can help you. Either way it might be a good idea to talk to someone about your feeling. Can you give us some more information about what's going on?

Not really, I know someone who locked me in his room, sat on my back and tickled me. It's not that bad, but I think he didn't do anything more because he knew I'd tell my mom and his mom. That's who I think is going to rape me.
I got the feeling in the middle of camp, but I knew it wouldn't happen there. For some reason I knew if wouldn't happen there, but I do feel like it's going to happen soon.
I told one of my friends, and she was kinda quiet for a few seconds, but then she changed the subject.

Quote:
Maybe you are feeling this way because rape has been on your mind? Have you recently talked to someone about rape or heard about someone it happened to? Hopefully it won't come true and good luck. Maybe to keep yourself safe don't go anywhere alone, always carry a cell phone on you, and maybe learn some self defense techniques.
Nope, not that I remember...
I can't carry a cell phone because my cell phone doesn't have service.
And I'm leaving in 2 days, and that's about when I'll see the guy I mentioned above.
(And my signature is wrong, I'm actually leaving in two days, I'll see my friend in like a week. I didn't realize that, and I'm too lazy to change it )

And I'm leaving today, sooo if anyone says anything after 5:00 central time, I won't be able to see it. /:

Last edited by Lost_Confused; July 10th 2009 at 01:39 PM.

Closed Thread