TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
KittyCat2010 Offline
Live,Love,Laugh
Not a n00b

Name: Ashley

sexually assaulted almost two years ago but dad. - July 17th 2009, 11:22 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

FYI THIS WAS IN AUGUST OF 2007
i was camping with my dad, and we had become friends with thetwo families in the campsite next to us, and next to them was a 18 year old boy and his mom, who were long time friends with the people next to us, one morning i was with one of the little boys from one of the families and the 18 year old, while the little boy was collecting wood, the 18 year old groped my rear end, and put his hand right next to my private part and on my inner thigh, i pushed him off me, and then out of no where he says, "i know you liked that," then he groped my breast. after we got back to the little boys camp site, i swore my head off at the 18 year old telling him i'd break his fucking arm and fingers if he ever did that again, aftyer tht i went back to my campsite, and told my ad, he said "well i'm sorry to hear that" he didnt think anything happened, he didnt really believe me, then a few days ago i brought it up, he says "well he didnt do anything ashley" i yelled "DAD HE GROPED MY BUTT AND MY BREAST" he said "well i'm sorry but you need to let that go" the look on his fce said "oh brother ere we go again," my dad doesnt really think that what happened was that serious, but it damaged me, my mom was so angry at my dad for not believing me or doing something after i told him what happened. i'm in the stages of forgiving my dad for not being there for me and not helping or even believing me after what happened,. my mom forgave him a few months after it happened, but it made me slash up my arm, my mom and some guy friends of mine from the band amber pacific, were the only ones who really believed me and supported me, along with the first family(the family of doctors and nurses) families at the camp, my dad and i were sitting with the family of doctors and nurses who was the first family we met, they told me they never really liked the mom and her 18 year old son, who she buys beer for, they also told me they were very proud of me for saying what i did. for standing up for myself, and that made me feel better,
i guess what i am saying is that the sexual assault left an emotional scar.
and i dont what to do about my dad.

PHILIPPIANS 2:15
Then you will be innocent and without any wrong. You will be Gods children without fault. But you are living with crooked and mean people all around you, among whom you shine like stars in the dark world.

Last edited by soul; July 18th 2009 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Added triggering prefix due to the content of the post

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Re: sexually assaulted almost two years ago but dad. - July 18th 2009, 01:21 AM

it sucks that your dad is being unsupportive, but at least you have other people in your life who believe. just hang on, things will get better, and you may need to forgive your dad, just so you can feel better about it. you don't have to forgive him, but it will help to be civil.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: sexually assaulted almost two years ago but dad. - July 20th 2009, 09:03 AM

Hey,

I am sorry that you had to go through this and I am sorry that your dad wasn't supportive of you.

Some people look at sexual assault(groping etc) as being no big deal and when they find out about it they don't really do anything about it(which is not right).

I was wondering if you considered doing a family therapy session with your dad? That might help you heal and start to forgive your father.

I too think that you are really brave and I am glad that you are confronting this. Please hang in there and if you ever want to talk feel free to pm me.

~Jenna~

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread