TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TryToLiveFree Offline
With victory comes sacrifice
Average Joe

Name: crystal

Brother abuse...what should i do? - July 24th 2009, 07:08 PM

My brother is always hurting me but today was worse. He Throw the Vaccum at me he he hit me pushed me to the ground banged my head in the ground stepped on my neck and kicked me. He told i was going to have a seizsure he knows it(I have the problem that causes seizsures) I didn't though. I just told him to finish what he started...to kill me. when my mom came home she blamed it all on me. After she did that i tried to kill myself cause i just can't take it anymore but i din't sucssed. (I'm going to hell but that is beside the point) My brother didn't get in trouble at all. What should I do?

[SIGPIC]

Some say the world will end in fire Some say in ice
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire
But if it had to perish twice
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great And would suffice.
-- Robert Frost--

Last edited by TryToLiveFree; July 24th 2009 at 09:17 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: Brother abuse...what should i do? - July 24th 2009, 10:26 PM

Hey Crystal,

What your brother is doing to you is wrong, I think you know that. You are a human being and deserve respect. What he's doing to you is the exact opposite of respect and he obviously doesn't value your relationship with him. No person ever has the right to lay their hands on you. They certainly don't have the right to beat you up in any form. Whether he's using words or his fists - this is wrong. Also, your mother isn't being the adult figure needed in this situation and that's really unfortunate. I'm sorry you can't turn to her in this situation.

However, not everyone is like your mother and brother. There are people out in this world, and around you that understand how you must feel and know that what's going on is wrong. You are a victim here and this needs to be brought to someone else's attention if you can't get away from this on your own. I know it's scary, but the safest thing to do is report this. Talk to an officer and he can investigate into your situation. You deserve so much better than this. Don't let this take away the rest of your life. Your life is worth something and just because your brother isn't aware of that - doesn't mean you need to give up and throw it away. Then, you're letting him win. If you keep trying and keep going - you're going to come out on top.

Sometimes we can't wait for other people to act - we need to do things on our own to be happy in life. This is your life and you have control over it. Remember that. You are 19- and legally an adult I'm assuming. If this situation can't be resolved and you can't be safe where you are - I think it's time to move out. Maybe, for now, you can go to a friends house or another family members? Also, you might want to look into counseling for abuse victims. There are free programs that help people suffering from abuse get back to their feet and stable. Just in case you needed anyone to talk to about this. When you can, tell someone and try to get out if you can. Your family can mend, but you should think of your safest first and foremost. Once you're living safely and comfortably, maybe then you can suggest family counseling? Either way, don't stay quiet. Let someone know about your brothers abuse and your mothers neglect. It is possible he needs help for himself too. You can do this and there are solutions. :] If you need anyone - please PM me. You're not alone and don't forget that. Life is worth continuing for.

Have hope,
-Melissa

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: Brother abuse...what should i do? - July 24th 2009, 11:13 PM

You're 19 years old. Call the police.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
samaritan Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alli

Re: Brother abuse...what should i do? - July 31st 2009, 11:08 PM

If your family isnt helping you, find help on your own. Killing yourself may seem like the only way out right now, but it really isnt. Don't be afraid of ratting your brother out to the police, you're right, what he did needs a punishment and reporting your abuse can help get it.
  Send a message via AIM to samaritan  
Closed Thread