TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Scared.. - July 25th 2009, 01:26 AM

Soo.. Today I received the phone call that I didn't want to get. It was the police station, letting me know that the guy who raped me when I was 12 got out on bail 3 years early.. He wasn't supposed to get out until 2012.. I'm so scared, he has always told me the day he gets out hes coming for me.. I don't know what to do.. I'm now afraid to walk out of my front door..

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#2 (permalink)) Old
CherriesBlossom Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Katie

Re: Scared.. - July 25th 2009, 04:18 AM

Brittany this must be so hard for you to worry about,
but listen im sure they will keeo and eye on this guy and not let
him get anywhere near you.

i suggest keeping yourself always surrounded by friends family and such for a little
while until you feel you are ready to be alone again.

im sorry :/
  Send a message via AIM to CherriesBlossom  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Ignorance is bliss..
Average Joe

Name: A.

Re: Scared.. - July 25th 2009, 06:53 AM

Brittany, I'm so sorry that this has happened and I can imagine how hard this is for you right now. You've got to remember though that threats aren't always legit. Rapists want two things; they want power and control. They threaten to instill fear and that's how they get what they want. Try not to be too afraid (easier said than done, I know). As Katie said, he will still be monitered and getting to you will not be easy for he will get in trouble. Until you are comfortable, make sure you have someone with you at all times, and maybe carry pepper spray to make you feel more secure. It may not sound like much but the key is that you feel some protection and in time when he doesn't come around you will start to feel more at ease. But if he ever does make any contact with you, make sure to notify the police right away. This man doesn't deserve to be free, let alone continue to torment you.

Hang in there Brittany, and stay strong.
You've already gotten through so much- you can do this.
PM me if you ever want to talk; I'm here.

Originally joined: June 2008

" He has no remorse for his actions,
And feels nothing but pleasure.
To see her suffer is his joy-
And her innocence is his treasure. "

is this what you really want from me..?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
KittyCat2010 Offline
Live,Love,Laugh
Not a n00b

Name: Ashley

Re: Scared.. - July 29th 2009, 03:16 PM

brittany, i cant imagine how painful it is knowing the jerk(i dont want to swear and get in trouble but in my head im saying something worse then jerk) who raped you is out, for your sake i pray that he never ever finds you, besides i doubt he can, to make you feel safer buy a whistle i have one that i take with me when i go out alone, so when your in danger you can blow it, carry pepper spray, take self defense classes. just remember that he cant find you, there are just too many people. if he commits a crime he'll go back to jail. i wish he didnt get out, he doesnt deserve to be out, all rapists, anyone who abuses and who sexually assault peope, they are only scum,
im here for you
<3 bob

PHILIPPIANS 2:15
Then you will be innocent and without any wrong. You will be Gods children without fault. But you are living with crooked and mean people all around you, among whom you shine like stars in the dark world.

Closed Thread