TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Hopewashere Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I'm Lost - August 10th 2009, 12:46 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Alright.

I am seventeen years old and I am and have been sexually abused. It has been going on since I was thirteen and I know that I should have told someone...anyone, but it's just hard. My uncle is the one that is being sexual toward me. Kissing me, carressing my body, telling me things he wants to do to me, saying that he has to wait until I'm of age. It's digusting and just writing it here makes me feel sick. Since I have gotten older, I've wanted to speak out...to do something to make the things stop. But I don't want to hurt my family. I don't think they would believe me anyway. I'm not sure what to do and now that I am in a relationship, I can't go on pretending that these things aren't happening to me. I can't keep acting like I'm just a shell, because I know I'm not. I'm human too. So, what do I do? I don't want to tear apart my family by saying something, but this needs to stop.

Do I continue to ignore it until I'm 18 and then just stay away?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
xXbrooke13Xx Offline
done w/all the fake ppl
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Brooke

Re: I'm Lost - August 10th 2009, 01:03 AM

you should tell one of your parents,and let them know its been going on since you were thirteen. dont just let him get away with it. what happens if once youve turned eighteen he goes after a different kid/teen? i think you should tell someone,if not your parents,someone you really trust.

~*fixed what was once broken*~

x7x13x

I.Love.You.<3

YOU ARE ON DRUGS,is what i think

so over you

KEEP MOVING FORWARD

need or wanna tlk,pm me nytime

Send a message via AIM to xXbrooke13Xx Send a message via Yahoo to xXbrooke13Xx  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Samantha

August 10th 2009, 02:48 AM

tell your parents what has been going on and also tell them that you are concerned about tearing apart the family. They will understand.
When you are 18 he isnt going to just give up even if you do try to stay away. And if you do manage to get away from him he will probably go after someone else.
It would be best if you told your parents.

PM me if you need to talk

~Samantha~

PM me anytime

Recovering Self Harmer

Rape Survivor 9/28/11

The Day I Met My Soulmate 10/27/11

Last edited by SimplyComplex; August 11th 2009 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Merge posts.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Hopewashere Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm Lost - August 11th 2009, 05:56 PM

It's so easy to say to just tell someone you trust or your parents, but it's really not that easy. I live with my mom and we're not that close. I feel like if I tell her, she either not believe me or confront him. I just don't want to cause any problems, but I do understand that if I don't say something, then yeah, he could go after someone else. But it's just so hard to say something.

Hope is not lost, just not yet found.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Glass Slipper Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: I'm Lost - August 11th 2009, 06:03 PM

I know its super hard to speak out about something like this...and how you feel like people won't believe you an that you'll tear your family apart. It sucks that its been going on for so long and I'm really sorry. I know its a lot easier sai then done but you defenitly need to tell someone what has been going on all these years. Once you turn 18 he won't give up on you or he might just find someone younger to go after so you defenitly need to tell someone..I know its going to be super hard but you have to thats the only way to make it stop.

We may shine, we may shatter,
We may be picking up the pieces here on after,
We are fragile, we are human,
We are shaped by the light we let through us,
We break fast, cause we are glass.
Cause we are glass.
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Emily. Offline
taste the sky
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: I'm Lost - August 13th 2009, 08:08 PM

First off, I'm really sorry you are having to deal with this and that it's been going on for so long. Your uncle shouldn't be saying or doing those things to you. I hope you aren't blaming yourself for any of this, it's not your fault.

And I know talking with your parents is hard, especially if you don't really have a relationship, but they do love you hun and im sure they would want to help. You do not need to go through this alone. If you can't talk to your parents, find another adult you trust, but do tell someone. You deserve support through all of this.

I hope you're okay and if you ever need to talk feel free to pm me.
<3 emily

"Sometimes it's a struggle to be not who you want to be, not who you used to be, not who you're going to be,
but just being right where you are, who you are"

(#7 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I'm Lost - August 14th 2009, 05:00 AM

Hey there,

I am sorry you have to go through this but I want you to know that you can make it through.

First off I want to say that I know it is not easy to tell people about this because of all the mixed emotions that are rolling around inside of you but you don't deserve to be treated this way. You deserve to be treated with respect, kindness and love and your uncle is not showing you any of these things. I know it is hard but please try to speak out.

If you tell your mom make sure to tell her your fears and concerns; let her know that you don't want to tear your family apart and all of that. It really does help to tell people everything that we are feeling (if you feel up to it).

If you go to your mom and for some reason she doesn't believe you try going to another trusted adult and telling them what is going on. It will be hard but in the end it might help you feel better because this behavior will stop.

Please hang in there and if you ever need someone to talk to feel free to pm me.

~Jenna~

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread