TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
elijah15 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Abusive Parents - August 12th 2009, 09:06 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My name is Elijah and I'm going into 9th grade. I have a pretty awesome life right now but I have a bad history because of my mom, She's kind of a bitch and she takes everything wayyy too far...
We used to all be happy before she had an affair with her husband Marcus, this was when we lived in the state of Colorado. But even then we were still fucked up and had no one else to blame for that and mistakes just make/ or ruin the best of us sometimes. When I was always little my step dad Marcus would always find a lame ass excuse to hit me and I would always cry about it and he would have mood swings with everyone because he is an alcoholic and he has this type of sickness that he developed from being in the army, sadly I had to grow up with all his negative energy and bullshit for 12 years and he would always hit me to the point where I would get concussions and then he would have me lie about all the injuries no matter what it was, he was a very abusive father and I used to hate him so much and I wanted to wait until I was old enough one day to return the favor, Like up to thiss day for instance, But instead I just ignore him or go to a different room when he comes by the house to pick up my little brother since him and my mom got a divorce.

My mom was always the nicest sweetest person I've ever always looked up to until I was in 7th grade, Then I realized what kinda of person she was and I realized how much of a tied-stretched two-faced fake selfish bitch she could be. I've had to live with mainly nothing but negative energy and abuse from my parents throughout my whole life. Like for example, One time we were at my step-sisters' choir concert and we were walking out to the parking lot and I kept trying to tell my mom how my glasses broke and she wouldn't listen to me and I started moping so when we got to the car she started hitting me until I had a gash on the side of my head and when we got home I had to clean all the blood out by myself and it took 15 minutes and I was screaming and crying because it hurt so much and shit.. She has hit me on the left side of my mouth when I was 7 years old before too and even since then I haven't gotten fixed the 3 back part of my teeth that are cracked from that incident

Last year, I remember it was my brother Evan and my mom and me in the living room one time talking about how much everything has changed and how bad everything is and how we could've all chose differently and I agreed with her and added in "Yea, like if you hadn't had an affair this wouldn't have made this much of an affect on all of us.." So then she jumped at me and started hitting my chest because considering that now I am twice her size she couldn't really do much . She was bawling her eyes out and hitting me as hard as she could and Evan was crying so much and everyone was just heartbroken and all I was doing was standing there letting her hit my chest and then I pushed her off me and ran to my room and slammed the door and I cryed the whole day I was in there and now to this day she is just always so selfish and mean and it's just b.s. because I'm 15 years old and I already want to be on my own and I just can't take this anymore I just hate her and I wanna live with my real dad, the only reason I'm still hangin around is because I love my girlfriend and I wanna be here for her.. =(

Last edited by soul; August 14th 2009 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Added triggering prefix due to the content of the post

(#2 (permalink)) Old
mikaela17 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: mikaela aubrey

Re: Abusive Parents - August 12th 2009, 09:27 PM

Elijah, you dont have to stay here for me.
i love you, but i dont wat you going through this anymore if you cant take it.
i shouldnt be the only reason you stay here. im not much to hold onto.
if you wanna go live with your dad then you should. you always tell me how much you love it down there. you seemed happy down there. i just want you happy even if it means we cant be together. this was eventually gonna happen... being together forever was too good to be true... but your mom cant treat you like that. and Marcus is a fag. we establlised this... i...you can go live with your dad. its fine honey. i want the best for you.
i love you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Abusive Parents - August 13th 2009, 04:02 AM

Hey Elijah,

I am so sorry you have had to/have to deal with all of this and I want you to know that you do not deserve any of this at all. No one deserves to be abused.

Elijah, how far does your real dad live from you? Maybe if he doesn't live to far (and you go live with him) you could visit your girlfriend sometimes? And, you and your girlfriend can always keep in contact over the phone and the internet. I know going away from someone you really care about might not seem like the ideal situation but if it can get you into safety isn't it worth trying?

I don't know if there are other options for you to consider but maybe you could talk to someone from a hotline ( 1-800-4-A-CHILD) and they might be able to give you more support and advice as well.

Elijah, I want you to remember that you do not deserve this treatment and I am so glad that you have reached out for help. If you ever need anyone to talk to feel free to pm me.

I hope things start looking up for you.

~Jenna~

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SilentScreams Offline
i hate the way you make me cry
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Amanda Jerin

Re: Abusive Parents - August 13th 2009, 10:18 PM

hey elijah!
i just want u to kno that i am really srry for everything going on in ur life. it sounds to be realy hard on u and ur brother. ur story made me cry becuz it just shows how bad it can hurt ppl when there family members are hurt. i hope u are ok and feel free to tlk to me whenever u want. u seem like a strong person to go through all this.
and there will be other girlz, ur safety is more important then ur girlfriend. it may be hard to see, but it'z true.

i failed myself.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: Abusive Parents - August 14th 2009, 01:54 PM

Hey Elijah (:

It sounds like you've been through a lot. You've had it worse than anyone should. No one deserves to be abused no matter what and it's not your fault if someone decides to hurt you. The best thing you can do for yourself is get out of the abusive situation. Take a stand and talk to an adult about what has been going on the past 12 years. If you made your dad aware of the situation and your hesitancy to move away from your girlfriend he might be able to reach a solution with you (like visiting her often). I'm sure your girlfriend is very special to you but it isn't worth putting yourself at risk like this. Long distance relationships are difficult but with enough effort they can work out fine. Another thing you need to consider is what will happen with your younger brother. You know what growing up in this kind of environment can do to a person and I'm sure you wouldn't wish that life on him. Is he your full brother or a half brother? Either way you should start trying to find a safer, more loving home for him. Getting child protective services involved might be a little scary but it's what you need to do to protect your family right now. Don't think of this as tearing your family apart. Your mother and your step-dad's are the ones who chose to do that when they stopped being loving and supportive. I'm so proud of you for finding the strength to talk about this here. I'm sure it wasn't easy for you but I hope letting it all out has helped some. If you ever need someone to talk to feel free to PM me anytime. You don't have to feel alone with your problems. Take care and hang in there.

Lots of love<3 Mimi

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

Closed Thread