TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

argument with my mum - August 24th 2009, 10:39 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

yesterday on the way back from my riding lesson i was in the car with my mum, and we started arguing, and we got onto the subject of my dad we were still arguing my mums yelled at me you need change for him to change, so i yelled at my mum i do try i really do, but sometimes i will say hi and ask him a question. to him and he will tell me to shut up your getting on my nerves, my mum then yelled at me, shut up i dont belive that for on second. so thats how the argument ended just like that. so she pulled up to the supermarket and said to me, you stay in the car i dont wana be near you at the moment. so i stayed in the car. and last night i was thinking to myself, if my mum dont belive me that my dad tells me to shut up your getting on my nerves when i sometimes say hi to him and ask him a question. how is my mum going to belive what my postman did to me. i know she wont belive me, i know she wont, if she dont belive me when i tell her what dad says to me, how will she belive me if she dont belive me about what my dad sometimes says to me ? she wont i know she wont. i know i need to tell someone about what the postman did, but the one person i wana tell i cant tell because i know they wont belive me.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Re: argument with my mum - August 24th 2009, 09:45 PM

that's horrible! it sucks when the one person you should be closest to is causing many of your problems. at least you can talk about them here on TH. and maybe you need to confront her and just tell her than whether she believes you or not, what you're saying is the truth, because that is the most important thing after all.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jaguar Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Stephen Davis

Re: argument with my mum - August 27th 2009, 09:18 PM

That's the worst feeling in the world. The one person you need to be on your side isn't.
I would write a note to her telling her just what you told us. Your mom is being cowardly in not facing reality in order to keep the lid on things with your dad when what they need to be doing is change.

About the postman: you've over 18. You can go to the authorities yourself and make the accusation. Yes, it'll be your word against his, and nothing may happen, but the accusation's been made against him and that may deter him from doing it to someone else. It's worth doing, painful but worth it.

What just happened?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Re: argument with my mum - August 27th 2009, 11:02 PM

i completely agree with jaguar, you've gotta tell the police.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
emma* Offline
His hope, gives me hope. :)
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Emma

Re: argument with my mum - August 28th 2009, 12:26 AM

Yes, tell the police. But if you can't do that, and you can't tell your mum or dad, do you have any other close adult who's reliable and responsible you could tell? An aunt or uncle? If you can't face your parents maybe others can. Then, you may be able to talk to them. Sometimes when someone else tells what's happened, it's easier.
But that's just a suggestion. It works for some
I really admire your courage. You're so strong! <3

And if love is really all that we need,
Then even all my singing is never gonna save me.
Music it's my substitute for love

PM me i like talking about dinosaurs
Happy to talk about anything, though

Ooooh, i love Frank Turner and Noel Fielding. They.Are.Beautiful.

"there's a wave that is crashing over me, and all i can do, is surrender."
  Send a message via MSN to emma*  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: argument with my mum - September 7th 2009, 08:21 PM

i've given up in telling my mum or anyonee in my family i no they wont belive me, why would they, my mum saw the postman as a nice guy not some nasty peadophile who would do things to me or ask me to do things. i rang childline the other day, and they talked to me about what would happen if i were to tell the police and stuff, and they did say it could be my work agianst his, but he could have also done what he did to me to other girls. i want to tell my mum, and the police but i know my mum will not belive me, and i dont think the police will either, i've not had much luck with the police in the past, so why would the police care now ? someone threatend to kill me and the police did not do a thing, so why would they do something when i tell them what the postman done to me ? i dont even know if he is alive what if he is not alive ? what if hes dead ? what if he is alive and is looking for me, watching me ? what if the police dont belive me ? why would the police belive me ? would they even belive me ? and i dont know if they can track him down, people say the police can track him down because he used to work for the postal company but what if the police can't track him down or find him ? or what if they do find him and he finds out i told them what he done and he comes looking for me and tries to do them things to me agian ? would the police have to tell my mum n dad ? would they have to talk to my neighoburs ? and talk to my old neighbours ? and talk to my teachers at my school even though i dont go to school anymore ? would they still have to talk to my teachers ? would they want to talk to my teachers at college ? would they want to talk to my sisters ? and talk to my family ? would it be like in the bill where the police interview you and stuff and then get you to make a statement and find him really quickly thats if they can find him or would it all take time ?

i want to tell the police i really do want to, im scared to and dont even know if the police would do anything or even belive me.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough

Name: Matthew

Re: argument with my mum - September 7th 2009, 08:30 PM

Lydia, please don't get upset
Ok, did he like 'abuse' you? If so, ring the police.
They have DNA tests etc to prove that he did.
If it was physical, then they can just show them the injuries, and hope they believe you.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: argument with my mum - September 7th 2009, 08:34 PM

it all happened when i was between the ages of 11 -15/16. so any evdience i have is gone, its just the memories.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
gone_wrong Offline
Not a n00b

Name: ellie

Re: argument with my mum - September 7th 2009, 08:40 PM

calm down the police will listen and they hav to belive u they dont hav a choice ! hav u ever thoughof telling ur doctor it confidental and they might be able to get some coucilling lacaly for u that u can go and talk tings though with and ur parent dot hav to no about it ! it best geting ot off ur chest u dont want this to take up such a hhuge part of life ur worth more tha that !

(#10 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough

Name: Matthew

Re: argument with my mum - September 7th 2009, 08:44 PM

If I was you, I would ask to see a doctor.
If your parents ask why, tell them.
If they don't believe you, then that's their problem, go anyway.
Lots of doctors don't require appointments, especially if they're not busy.
Hope you get help,
xx.

Closed Thread