TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Exclamation Its tearing me up - August 25th 2009, 08:40 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I lied.

The last post I made in here. I said I didn't care and I let him. I said it wasn't that big of a deal. Lies.

He got far. Really far. I don't want to go into details.

It's really hard for me to type, or think about this.

And since then...all Ive done is cybered with every gu yI talk to. I send pics. Trying to reassure myself I'm pretty.

But it only reassures me that guys are pigs. And that I am disgusting. And, this had actually happened the week before my ex broke my heart. I told him the guy had tried to forece himself on me. ...

...all he had to say was "Youre an attractive woman. Thats going to happen alot. Get used to it"

...wtF? oh holy crap :cry: cant believe im posting this. i dont want any of you to know me to think im stupid or helpless or something.

i just cant keep this in anymore. im breaking. help.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Emily. Offline
taste the sky
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: Its tearing me up - August 27th 2009, 12:31 AM

Hun, I can tell you're hurting and I am so sorry that this happened to you. It is NOT something you need to get used to or be okay with though. It's wrong and illegal and horrible to be treated like you are just an object.

No one is going to think you are stupid or helpless, especially not here on TH. This is hard to deal with. It was not your fault that this happened and it is okay to need some help through it.

I really think you should talk to someone about this. A parent, a teacher if your still in school, any adult you trust. You deserve support through all of this hun. If you can, consider talking with a therapist or a counselor. They can really help you work through all the emotions that come with this. And it's always nice to have someone to talk with, who you know will keep things confidential.

I hope you are okay right now and If you need to talk, you can always PM me. Keep yourself safe hun.
<3 emily

"Sometimes it's a struggle to be not who you want to be, not who you used to be, not who you're going to be,
but just being right where you are, who you are"

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Re: Its tearing me up - August 27th 2009, 01:33 AM

first of all, you have to know that you ARE beautiful, and you don't need a bunch of stupid pigs to tell you that. so you've made a few mistakes, who hasn't? and you were taken advantage of, you must remember that this is NOT YOUR FAULT!!! [Edited by Jessie] you need to talk to someone, a parent, and friend, a school councler, a councler outside of school, anybody. tell them what's going on and how you are feeling. a lot of times, just letting it all out will make you feel a thousand times better. and remember, we here on TH (and me!) are always here for you.
PM me anytime!

Last edited by eunoia; August 27th 2009 at 04:59 AM. Reason: We are here to support people, not to upset their feelings.

Closed Thread