TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
kiwiokee Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kelsey.

Harassed. - September 8th 2009, 11:55 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

In 7th grade, I had a locker next to these hispanic guys. Whenever I wore shorts (no, they were not short,) or a tanktop of some sort in the summer - i got harassed. they'd whistle and say things in spanish. I know this because I have some hispanic friends and whenever they said something gross about me they'd tell me..which was okay. They used to run into my locker and push eachother into me. One time someone who speaks spanish said they were talking about wanting to have sex with me and..well alot of really disgusting things. And there was another guy, who whenever I looked the other way would do gross things behind me when I couldn't see. (Not skin touch, just things like reach at my butt and "air-squeeze" it, or air-hump..I know. Gross.) It made me really uncomfortable. My mom told me to tell the counselor, but i never did. I'm now in eighth grade, and their locker isn't near mine - nor do I have classes with them. I got the occasional guy staring at my butt, or whistling but I was just starting to feel safe in my school.Then in science class a guy said when I was walking by, "Now that is hot. I jack off to her image everynight."
I was grossed out.
I feel like they only assault me, and all the guys I like don't even know I exist. When they hit on me, I feel like trash.
I don't dress in revealing clothes.
And sometimes I wonder if they do it in a sarcastic manner, or to mock me since they know i get grossed out?!
I don't know. But all my friends say it's no big deal, but I feel like it is.

Last edited by SimplyComplex; September 9th 2009 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Added a prefix, incase :)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Mixtape91 Offline
Falling Up
Average Joe

Name: Hannah

Re: Harassed. - September 9th 2009, 01:09 AM

Hey,

You have every reason to be upset. Snide remarks like that are demeaning and belittling. Having someone talk about you like you not even there and comments inferring that ones just an object of amusement rather then human is beyond frustrating. It is harassment and you school sounds like its filled with insignificant jerks. You should go complain to some higher authority about it. Go to your counselor or principle or something. When i was in middle school the sexual harassment was just nearly as bad until handfuls of girls went up and complained. After that administration got involved and they tightned up with a no-tolerance policy. Change is possible, you just have to have your voice heard about it first..

I hope the situation gets better!!

“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.”

- Edgar Allen Poe

The only truth is change, have patience
  Send a message via AIM to Mixtape91  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Emily. Offline
taste the sky
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: Harassed. - September 9th 2009, 04:05 AM

Hey there, I definitely agree with a lot of things Hannah has said. You really should talk to a teacher or the principal about what's going on. It's their responsibility to make sure that you are in an environment that is safe and free of abuse and harassment. If you're uncomfortable going on your own, you could always take a friend with.

Another route you could try, would be to involve your mom. You posted that you've already talked to her about it, so maybe she could call the school and talk to the administrators or the counselor. It would make it easier on you and sometimes school officials take things more seriously when they know that students have involved their parents.

I really hope things get better for you soon. You shouldn't have to put up with this. It's hurtful and demeaning. If you ever need to talk, feel free to pm me.
<3 emily

"Sometimes it's a struggle to be not who you want to be, not who you used to be, not who you're going to be,
but just being right where you are, who you are"

Closed Thread