TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lil Offline
I'm here
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Lil

Mental abuse.? - September 10th 2009, 03:18 AM

I know this is probly insignificant compared to people with real abuse problems.My mum and stepdad are always constently yelling at me,my sis or each other it never gotten physical.my mum cusses at me when she is upset.She calls me namesand crap all the time.whenever i get any bad grades she get pissed at me.when my mum and stepdad get into really bad arguments it scares me and it stresses me out and it almost seems like it will turn physical but it never does although there have been threats to punch each other.Ive always lived around this and my mums constant name calling of me most of my life has given me horrible self esteem issues.i dont think she honestly realizes how much it hurts me when she calls me a bitch..ive known that word since i was seven.i currently self harm and have bulmia because i never feel good enough for anyone also was never really taughthow to handle stress so this how i deal with it.I try to tell my mum how much hurts what she says to me but she just tells me im over reacting or buys me stuff to make me feel better.i know it is stupid to react this badly to just name calling when so many have it worse than me but i do and i just needed to vent badly.
(i hope i put this in the right forum?)

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
Cut free since March 6th 2013
Purge free since March 8th 2013

(#2 (permalink)) Old
star_crossd Offline
Color Me Chaotic
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: Mental abuse.? - September 10th 2009, 05:53 AM

Hey Lil. That's definitely a type of abuse and dont worry, its not insignificant at all. I know what you mean by being stressed out from all the yelling, it definitely sucks. Like you said, it results in things like low self esteem, which leads to bulimia and worse things...This actually sounds very similar to a friend of mine, her mom gets angry over really little things, likes to yell and make a scene, etc. She manages to just ignore it like you would with a child throwing a tantrum.
I guess what I would do if I were in your position is one day just work up a good rant and shove it back at her, telling her how it affects you but thats just me, I'm an explosive person sometimes. Perhaps simply ignoring her will help? But then again, we all know these things are never that simple Still, its worth a shot, yeah?
I'm not sure if I helped much, but you can always message me if you want to vent or just talk thins over, kay?

Yesterday I saw you kissing tiny flowers
But everything that lives is born to die
And so I say to you that nothing really matters
And all you do is stand and cry.

Music is life. Start living.

Closed Thread