TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives


You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Shopaholic Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
Shopaholic's Avatar
 
Name: Megan
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: Somewhere

Posts: 164
Join Date: February 9th 2009

Unhappy In Pain - September 16th 2009, 01:30 AM

I can't take this any more. All the words hurt. No one understands what I go though or if they do they say "ooo words don't hurt" and "you can be hurt worst". I understand that it could be worst. I know I should not believe what they say (dad, mom's boyfriend) but I do. Maybe I deserve what they say to me. I know I should be a better daughter and friend. But I don't even have any real true friends. I can't stand myself.

And to top all of that off when I was in 8th grade I got sexually abused by a classmate who was a really good friend. I still can't "get over it". The worst part is I have to see him everyday in the halls of my school. I really don't like the fact that my "so called friends" are best friends with him and they think I should forgive him but I can't... I can't trust him. If he hurt me agian I don't know what would happen to me.

Well if you have any advise for me I could really use it. If not that's okay to I guess.


   
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
underthebrokenglass's Avatar
 
Name: Lynn
Age: 25
Gender: Female

Posts: 5
Join Date: September 11th 2009

Re: In Pain - September 16th 2009, 02:44 AM

Personaly ik exactly how u feel, Every one keeps telling me im not good enough, and my x-boyfriend made me believe it then raped me. I dont know how much help i can be because im having alot of issues to with the same basis realated stuff but all i can say is that if u ever need a friend im here for u, ik it may not be alot of help. But ik what it feels like to be betrayed and have to face the facts every day, any way i really hope u find the ansewers that ur looking for.
   
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict
************
 
.Brittany.'s Avatar
 
Name: Brittany
Gender: Female
Location: 100 Acre Woods

Posts: 7,915
Blog Entries: 209
Join Date: January 12th 2009

Re: In Pain - September 17th 2009, 02:42 PM

Hi Meg,

Does anyone know that you were sexually abused when you were younger? I know its a hard thing to deal with. Most people can't deal with it alone, and it may be the reason why peoples words hurt so much. If you haven't I would REALLY consider talking to someone. In the end, it could help out.

PM me if you need ANYTHING
Brittany



“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”


HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator
   
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Shopaholic Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
Shopaholic's Avatar
 
Name: Megan
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: Somewhere

Posts: 164
Join Date: February 9th 2009

Re: In Pain - September 17th 2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reakless Emotion View Post
Hi Meg,

Does anyone know that you were sexually abused when you were younger? I know its a hard thing to deal with. Most people can't deal with it alone, and it may be the reason why peoples words hurt so much. If you haven't I would REALLY consider talking to someone. In the end, it could help out.

PM me if you need ANYTHING
Brittany
I did tell, and the terrible part about that is that he only got kicked out for like a week.


   
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Through-Glass Offline
<3
I've been here a while
********
 
Through-Glass's Avatar
 
Name: Jessi
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: Eastern Tennessee

Posts: 1,323
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: In Pain - September 18th 2009, 09:45 PM

Meg,

Verbal abuse can be just as painful as any other kind of abuse. The situation may not seem as severe, but it still hurts. If what your father and stepfather are saying to you is harming you emotionally, I think it would be great idea for you to speak to your mother about how you are feeling. She may be able to step in and take some control over the situation.

It may also be a good idea to speak to your mother about what your classmate did to you. I know it must be terribly difficult to talk about, but getting it out of your system can help a LOT. If not your mother, what about talking to a close friend or relative about what you are going through? The most important tool in healing from abuse is communication. If you cannot bring yourself to talk about things just yet, get these feelings out of you some how. Write in a journal, paint, sketch, whatever way you can find to release your emotions and be at peace.

Meg, you are a very special person, and have no reason to be upset with yourself. You do not deserve to be abused in any way, be it physical or emotional. I repeat; you do not deserve this.

Take care, and I'm here if you'd ever like to talk.


[/url]
"For the first time
in a long time,
I can say that I wanna try.
I feel helpless for the most part,
but I'm learning to open my eyes.
And the sad truth of the matter is,
I'll never get over it,
but I'm gonna try
to get better and overcome each moment
in my own way"

Motion City Soundtrack, "Even If It Kills Me"
  Send a message via Yahoo to Through-Glass  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict
************
 
.Brittany.'s Avatar
 
Name: Brittany
Gender: Female
Location: 100 Acre Woods

Posts: 7,915
Blog Entries: 209
Join Date: January 12th 2009

Re: In Pain - September 18th 2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic3593 View Post
I did tell, and the terrible part about that is that he only got kicked out for like a week.

Was that like the principal you told? or the police?



“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”


HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator
   
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Shopaholic Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
Shopaholic's Avatar
 
Name: Megan
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: Somewhere

Posts: 164
Join Date: February 9th 2009

Re: In Pain - September 18th 2009, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazola View Post
Meg,

Verbal abuse can be just as painful as any other kind of abuse. The situation may not seem as severe, but it still hurts. If what your father and stepfather are saying to you is harming you emotionally, I think it would be great idea for you to speak to your mother about how you are feeling. She may be able to step in and take some control over the situation.

It may also be a good idea to speak to your mother about what your classmate did to you. I know it must be terribly difficult to talk about, but getting it out of your system can help a LOT. If not your mother, what about talking to a close friend or relative about what you are going through? The most important tool in healing from abuse is communication. If you cannot bring yourself to talk about things just yet, get these feelings out of you some how. Write in a journal, paint, sketch, whatever way you can find to release your emotions and be at peace.

Meg, you are a very special person, and have no reason to be upset with yourself. You do not deserve to be abused in any way, be it physical or emotional. I repeat; you do not deserve this.

Take care, and I'm here if you'd ever like to talk.
I do talk to my mom and she just tells me to "deal with it"


   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
pain

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright ©1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.