TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xJustMex Offline
xJustMex
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kelsey

Unhappy It's Just Wrong.. - September 27th 2009, 08:49 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Okay, here goes..i've never told anybody this before, but the month of my 11th birthday, my little brother and I stayed with my dad over the summer holidays..i know my dad isn't afraid to show his interest in sexuality, but it went too far when he took me into his room one night and 'taught me'.. Over those 2 months he exposed me to alot of stuff he shouldnt have and even going so far as to tell me he wouldnt celebrate my birthday if i didnt touch him..

And through the next 3 years he continued touching me, and trying to get me to touch him..then i found out that he was doing things with his girlfriend's daughter, who was my age..i found out too late though (after they had broken up) he says she wanted it, but im not entirely sure about that..i was completely disgusted and i wanted to talk to her about it (we are still sort of friends) but i didnt want to embarass her..

With all his girlfriends, he's told them about us and always told me we could have a threesome if i wanted..i have always been so uncomfortable during visits and whatnot..

And now, he has a fiance..i know that they are very open in that house (i live with my mom and stepdad by the way) and i think its kind of weird..just going there makes me uneasy..but i was flipping through my dad's phone, looking at the pictures, when i saw naked photos of my stepsister, who is 13..i felt like i wanted to bolt right then..but i texted my dad later than night, telling him to stop doing that because it was wrong..he flipped out and yelled at me that i never saw ANYTHING and so on..i told him not to freak out, that i was being calm about it..and he said 'fine i will stop' but then his phone had no battery strangely and i havent talked to him since (about a month) except for his birthday, which he blew me off and didnt call back..

I love my dad very much..he has been one of the best things through my life, and just the thought of all this is making me burst into tears again and shake uncontrollably..i dont know what to do!! what he did to me has messed up my life in ways..i dont like people touching me, especially at night..and i used to cut..i was a very emotional kid for awhile, and i feel like its all because of that..that might sound kind of dumb though..but anyway, i dont know what to do about my dad..i can never tell anyone, because i love my dad so much..i know what hes doing is wrong, but i cant put him in jail..that would kill me inside and maybe he wouldnt talk to me again :/
Can you give me some kind of option?? besides telling..i cant do it..what hes doing right now is wrong, but what bothers me is my stepsister was kind of smiling in that photo!!! and im sure my stepmom knows about it..i just dont know!!!
Please help me fix my broken life before i start hurting myself again..so much suffocating emotion

Last edited by Emily.; September 28th 2009 at 10:28 PM. Reason: added triggering prefix
  Send a message via MSN to xJustMex Send a message via Yahoo to xJustMex Send a message via Skype™ to xJustMex 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Through-Glass Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: Jessi

Re: It's Just Wrong.. - September 27th 2009, 05:13 PM

Kelsey,

First of all, welcome to TeenHelp. You are so incredibly brave for opening up here and sharing your story. That took a lot of courage; it's certainly not easy to share such a traumatic experience. I want you to know that you are not alone. I care, I believe you, and I want to help and support you.

What your father did to you is absolutely NOT okay. He should have never done those things; you did not deserve this, not at all. Have you spoken to anyone else about this abuse that you went through? I know it may seem really scary to open up to someone in "real" life, but I truly believe that it will help you so much. You can talk to whoever you feel comfortable with; your mother, another family member, a close friend, a teacher; anyone who is willing to listen. It is SO important that you get this darkness out of you, and get the help and support that you need and deserve.

I know that you love your father very much, but this does not excuse what he put you through. What he did was wrong on so many levels; you must understand that, as much as you may love him, this relationship is unhealthy and toxic to you. Perhaps you will one day mend this relationship, and find a way to forgive him; but right now, that is not the priority. Right now, you need to be taking care of YOURSELF, mending the wounds that he has inflicted.

Kelsey, I know that you love your father, but you cannot let him harm another child the way he harmed you. Smiling or not, what he is doing to your stepsister will scar her for the rest of her life; I know that you know this better than most. Telling someone could save both of you so much pain. It will be difficult, but I promise you, it will be worth it in the end.

I'm here for you; I want to help. So if you'd ever like to talk, about anything, please do not hesitate to send me a PM. Take care.

[/url]
"For the first time
in a long time,
I can say that I wanna try.
I feel helpless for the most part,
but I'm learning to open my eyes.
And the sad truth of the matter is,
I'll never get over it,
but I'm gonna try
to get better and overcome each moment
in my own way"

Motion City Soundtrack, "Even If It Kills Me"
  Send a message via Yahoo to Through-Glass  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful_mind Offline
counsellor @ positive mind
Average Joe

Name: chantel

Re: It's Just Wrong.. - September 27th 2009, 09:00 PM

I am proud of you for opening up and asking someone for advice. What happened to you was horrible and wrong, he shouldnt be allowed to get away with it. I know you love you dad but telling someone is properly the best thing you can do for him and for yourself. If you told someone then maybe your dad might realise you were right and what he is doing is wrong and he could then get help as well as you being able to let the people around you in and let them know whats been happening for you.
i hope this helps i am always here if you need to vent or chat just pm me take care.
  Send a message via MSN to Beautiful_mind Send a message via Yahoo to Beautiful_mind  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
xJustMex Offline
xJustMex
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: It's Just Wrong.. - September 29th 2009, 05:19 AM

Thank you both so much..it was really great to be able to vent i think ive made my decision, and i will talk to someone, but i dont know who i could talk to..i dont think i could tell my mom..she doesnt like him to begin with (they are divorced) and would make sure to make him sound as horrible as she could..any ideas? i live in a small town too..so not many options available :/
  Send a message via MSN to xJustMex Send a message via Yahoo to xJustMex Send a message via Skype™ to xJustMex 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Katelyn Offline
Average Joe

Name: Katelyn

Re: It's Just Wrong.. - September 30th 2009, 07:28 PM

You are so brave. You need to just find someone to talk to. It really doesn't matter who it is, it's just important that you do it to get yourself better. It's all about changing your life for the better and doing things to make you feel better. I hope you can get the help you need! If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm always around ! Good luck with everything!!

Sometimes in our lives we all have pain
We all have sorrow
But if we are wise
We know that there's always tomorrow

All you need is love
&
Love is all you need

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Jovial. Offline
Skittles Minion.

Senior TeenHelper

Name: Trish

Re: It's Just Wrong.. - September 30th 2009, 08:01 PM

Like they said it dosent matter who, doyou have a teacher you trust well or a school counseler, a friends mom anything?

I don't care if the world knows what my secrets are
LHO|PM|VM
  Send a message via Yahoo to Jovial.  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
xJustMex Offline
xJustMex
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: It's Just Wrong.. - September 30th 2009, 09:10 PM

hmm..i really dont have anyone i can talk to..the councillor at my school is a hoe bag lol all of my family hate my dad and would make life difficult, im trying to think now, nothing is coming to me though :/ im really, really sorry if im making things difficult..thank you so much for the support though! i feel so much better, and i didnt expect so many replies
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Mad Mel Offline
Your Average Sane Psycho
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Melissa

Re: It's Just Wrong.. - September 30th 2009, 10:18 PM

You're very brave for opening up like that. I'm very proud of you.
What your father is doing is not okay, not at all. I understand that you love him, which makes your bravery all the more admirable.

Could you try talking to a teacher you like? It doesn't even have to be one you have this year. Any adult you trust could help you.
  Send a message via AIM to Mad Mel Send a message via MSN to Mad Mel  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
xJustMex Offline
xJustMex
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: It's Just Wrong.. - September 30th 2009, 11:02 PM

thank you
doesn't it seem a little embarassing to talk to someone at school? maybe its just me, but i think i would be horribly embarassed..
dont worry about it i'll find someone, thank you for the help and suggetions
Closed Thread