TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Shopaholic Offline
Average Joe

Name: Megan

Should Be Happy - October 22nd 2009, 01:28 AM

Well...My mom's boyfriend of 5 years broke up with her. He was/is abusive. I should be happy he'll be out of my life so he can't emotionally abuse me but I don't know. My dad is very emotionally abusive also. I can't get out of my dads house. I can't not see him. It's hard. But also my mom just informed me that her boyfriend is still her boyfriend he just moved out of the house he will still come over. Hopefully he will behave appropriatly. I really don't feel comfortable anywhere I go. Any advise...I see a therapist.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Emily. Offline
taste the sky
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: Should Be Happy - October 23rd 2009, 03:31 AM

Hey there Meg. It sounds like you are being put in the middle of a pretty tough situation. I'm sorry you are having to deal with emotional abuse from multiple people in your life. I know how damaging that can be.

Is there anyone else you could go stay with for awhile? Other relatives or a friend? Hopefully home will get a bit better for you since he at least wont be living with you, but sometimes we all just need a break.

Have you talked to your mom about what's going on? As a parent, it's her responsibility to protect you from abuse like that, but she can't help unless she knows it's happening.

If talking with your mom doesn't work, you could also talk with a teacher at school about it. They are required to report any abuse in the home and maybe having someone step in from the outside will get it to stop. Sometimes our parents just need a bit of a reality check to make them see what's actually happening.

I hope you are doing okay right now and that things work out for you. Feel free to PM me anytime.
<3 Emily

"Sometimes it's a struggle to be not who you want to be, not who you used to be, not who you're going to be,
but just being right where you are, who you are"

Closed Thread