TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Penguin Queen Offline
Penguin queen!!
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Annie

Really don't know what to do... - October 23rd 2009, 10:48 PM

I have been raped 4 times by the same guy... After the third time I went to the police, I went to court and everything, but in the end, he was found not guilty. I just couldn't face going to the police again... It was just such a huge amount of pain and nothing came of it... I still wonder what it was about me that makes it so hard to believe what happened... I sometimes think that its because they thought I actually deserved it. There was so much evidence but they still wouldn't believe me. I really want it to stop, but I don't see how. A couple of my friends know, but they can't stop it, they can't stop him doing it again and they can't stop it from hurting. I have a therapist, she knows but I have never been able to talk to her about what happened. I just... don't know...

fait
h is a bluebird that you see from afar
it is real and as sure as the first evening star
can't touch it, or buy it, or lock it up tight
but its there just the same
making things turn out right

LE PE
NGUIN QUEEN

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Imaginary Offline
Average Joe

Re: Really don't know what to do... - October 24th 2009, 09:15 PM

Listen angel, I am here if you need support. The legal system if fucked up, there is no doubt about that. I am so sorry that those people didn't believe you; that's not right.

But you need to stop him from ever hurting you again anyway that you can. It's not right that some people have allowed him to be such a prick, but you have a right to be safe and treated with respect.

I'm so sorry. I wish you all the best, and I know you can beat this.

myspace.com/lonesome_fish for poetry. I like feedback sometimes. And I like smiley faces .

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Emily. Offline
taste the sky
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: Really don't know what to do... - October 27th 2009, 12:21 AM

Hey Annie. I'm really proud of you for reaching out for help in the past and I'm so sorry the legal system let you down. It should be there to protect victims, but sometimes it just fails miserably. I wish you wouldn't give up on it though. I know it's hard, but you deserve to be safe hun.

Have you ever considered taking out a restraining order? It doesn't seem like much, but it's at least a small line of protection. It's something to at least think about and find out what your options are.

I also think you should try talking to your therapist about what's going on. She knows your situation better and will probably be able to help you find some solutions to what's going on. I know it can be scary opening up, but you really deserve support through this. You don't have to do it alone Annie.

And you did not deserve what happened hun. No one deserves to be assaulted like that. The guy that is hurting you, is the only one to blame and he deserves to be locked up for a very very long time.

I hope you are doing okay right now. Keep yourself safe and don't give up Annie. You can PM me anytime.
<3 Emily

"Sometimes it's a struggle to be not who you want to be, not who you used to be, not who you're going to be,
but just being right where you are, who you are"

Closed Thread