TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Savanna Offline
Average Joe

advice - October 26th 2009, 06:40 PM

Hey dont feel so down my dad abused me for more than a year in all ways. I finally told the police and in the end it will all work out just hold strong, I promise you.
  Send a message via MSN to Savanna Send a message via Yahoo to Savanna Send a message via Skype™ to Savanna 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Re: advice - October 26th 2009, 07:20 PM

Hey Savanna.

I think you were meaning to give advice to this thread; is that right? Usually, when threads aren't closed, if you just want to reply to them giving advice rather than making another thread (or posting in the Blogs section), that will work, and it almost guarantees that the original poster (the persona asking for advice) will see it! However, when threads are closed but you still want to give the person advice, you have a few options: you could private message them or visitor message them.

I'd like to link you to our How to Use the Forums guide which explains how to both PM [private message] and VM [visitor message] users as well as gives several other "How To" type deals so you can best know how to navigate around the forums.

The thread also explains that we do have buddies, who's primary purpose on staff is to welcome to users AND to make sure that people properly are understanding how things work on TH! So, I'd just like to throw out there that if you ever have any questions/trouble using the forums, please feel free to ask one of these buddies. [Additionally, feel free to ask me - I'm always happy to help].

Finally, I just wanted to say thanks on behalf of the OP [since I know it's always nice to get extra advice] for the advice, and I hate to have to close your thread, but just think of how many threads we'd have if we allowed a new thread PER reply on other threads - the number would be so much higher than I could even count. Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about your own situation, but I'm glad you did tell the police - if you'd like any sort of support or advice about anything going on, that would be the right time to make a new thread.

Be blessed.

Send a message via MSN to Katrina  
Closed Thread