TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
D33 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Emotional abuse - January 16th 2010, 11:11 PM

I'm going to get straight to the point. My mum wont talk to me when i try to talk to her she's always busy and lately i've been lazy and she's been calling me a bitch and screaming at me regularly if i cry she tells me off about an hour ago i went into her room and told her i loved her and she said it back but then called me a liar and now i feel like crap because i think maybe it is me that's being a 'bitch' all the time but i cant help but feel angry or upset. Last year i was raped by a family friend and i think i'm over it but every time we argue i feel like just blurting it out. I can't though because i know it would effect my family so much more than it has me.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: Emotional abuse - January 17th 2010, 01:17 AM

Hey there,

First. welcome to TeenHelp, I'm glad you found us and decided to reach out. I'm sorry that you and your mum are having such a tough time right now.

I hate to be blunt, but if she doesn't know you are hurting, she can't help you. Telling her you were raped will hurt, but it won't hurt her more than it hurts you. You were raped, it wasn't your fault, and it's not something you can get through without support. You shouldn't give yourself a time limit to heal. Healing takes time, and you will never be 'over' it, how could you be? But you can get to the point where it doesn't hurt anymore, where you learn to deal with it and move on, but you'll never forget it.

Could you try writing a letter to your mum, letting her know how you feel about the way she is treating you? She might not realize how hurtful some of her behaviours are, she might also not know how much you are hurting. If you can't talk to her, write her a letter or send her an email, let her know what's going on.

If you can't tell your mum about that rape, tell your school counselor. Let someone know, you do not have to do this alone.

If you need anything, don't hesitate to pm me.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
MegaMadness Offline
Fight My Llama
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Megan

Re: Emotional abuse - January 17th 2010, 05:42 AM

Try talking to your mum about the way she's treating you and see if you's can fix your relationship now before it's too late. If you feel like you can't talk to her right now then maybe write her a letter or an email as Casey suggested.

I'm sorry that you got raped. That must of been awful. I think you should tell someone whether it be your mum, or a friend, or anyone else you trust. You shouldn't have to go through this alone and it will feel like a massive weight has been lifted off your shoulders.

Feel free to PM me anytime if you want to talk. Take care.

Come on boys, come on girls
In this crazy, crazy world
Youíre the diamonds, youíre the pearls
Letís make a new tomorrow
Come on girls, come on boys
Itís your future, itís your choice
And your weapon is your voice
Letís make a new tomorrow
Today
follow me please. I'll follow back. http://photographicjournal.tumblr.com/

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Emily. Offline
taste the sky
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: Emotional abuse - January 18th 2010, 01:03 AM

Hey there. It sounds like you are dealing with some really hard things right now. I'm going to talk a bit about both things, but I'll start with the emotional abuse.

I know words or the lack of them can really hurt. It's hard having a good relationship and open communication with our parents sometimes. I think the best thing you can do, is what has already been mentioned. You need to talk to your mom and tell her how what she's saying and how her ignoring you, etc. are making you feel. Sometimes parents forget how much their words can hurt. Hopefully by reminding her, she will be able to be a better mother to you emotionally.

Also, I think you should tell your mom what happened to you. I know what it's like to have it all bottled up inside; it hurts. You don't have to keep it in. You can just blurt it out to her, sit and have a nice talk or, like Casey mentioned, you could write a letter. It will be hard, but you deserve support through all of this. Plus it will help your mom to know why you have been upset and angry lately.

And it's okay that this is going to affect your family. Just because it may change things a bit, does not mean you shouldn't tell. I'm betting your mom would want to know. It may upset her that you were hurt, but she will want to be there for you.

One other thing I wanted to add is to think about trying counseling. It really can help to talk about things and a therapist can help you work through the anger and whatever else you are feeling. There are a lot of emotions we go through after being hurt like this and it's nice to have support when dealing with them.

I hope you are doing okay right now. Be good to yourself and please feel free to pm me if you ever need to talk or just someone to listen.
<3 Emily

"Sometimes it's a struggle to be not who you want to be, not who you used to be, not who you're going to be,
but just being right where you are, who you are"

Closed Thread