TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ellabelly Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ella Wisse

overreacting - January 19th 2010, 08:33 PM

sunday my friend's and i went to a popular lgbt club and when we were leaving the dance floor, i was leading off, this guy...
he lifted my dress and touched me. i swatted his hand away after realizing what just happened and as i did he smiled at me this creepy, you should feel honored smile.

i felt, and still feel, sick and i told one of my friends and thought i was gunna throw up in the process. it brought back some memories that i've done pretty well to forget.

my friend and i talked about it the next morning and she said if it was her, she's get pissed then over it. which makes me wonder if i'm over reacting?

LOVE!
ella

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Through-Glass Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: Jessi

Re: overreacting - January 19th 2010, 10:02 PM

Hey Ella.

You are not over-reacting. What that person did was inappropriate and upsetting, especially considering that it was triggering to you, as well. I'm so glad that you felt comfortable enough to talk to one of your friends about this; you deserve all the support in the world, and the first step to getting that support is to reach out and ask for it.

Take care, and if you need to talk about anything, I'm here.

[/url]
"For the first time
in a long time,
I can say that I wanna try.
I feel helpless for the most part,
but I'm learning to open my eyes.
And the sad truth of the matter is,
I'll never get over it,
but I'm gonna try
to get better and overcome each moment
in my own way"

Motion City Soundtrack, "Even If It Kills Me"
  Send a message via Yahoo to Through-Glass  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: overreacting - January 19th 2010, 10:40 PM

Ella-

You're definitely not overreacting! The truth is, nobody knows how they would react because they've never gone through it. Until you experience it first-hand, you just can't know. So even though your friend THINKS that's how she'd react, chances are, it's not! And you have every right to be upset. This guy violated you, which is never, EVER okay. Not to mention that it brought up a lot of feelings and memories about past events--so this is pretty intense for you. You did NOTHING wrong, this is not your fault, and you have every right to feel however you are feeling.

Please think about reaching out to someone in your life if this starts to really get to you or you want to talk to someone about it--you always always always deserve help.

Take good care of yourself!
<3

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Send a message via MSN to Jen  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Emily. Offline
taste the sky
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: overreacting - January 19th 2010, 10:45 PM

Hey there Ella.

I just wanted to add my support. I agree with everything Jessi and Jen had to say. You are not overreacting at all. We can't help how our emotions react to certain situations and what they will bring up. We have to allow ourselves to feel whatever emotions come to the surface and talk about them. It's good that you have a friend you trust enough to confide in. And you will eventually move past what happened Ella. Just give yourself some time.

It might also help for you to talk about some of the memories you were trying to forget. It only works to burry things for so long before our minds have to get them out. I have a lot of faith in the power of talking and therapy so when you're ready, I think it would be a good idea to give it a try. It's nice to have someone you can talk with privately and who will help you work through everything.

I hope you're okay and be good to yourself. You can PM me anytime.
<3 Emily

"Sometimes it's a struggle to be not who you want to be, not who you used to be, not who you're going to be,
but just being right where you are, who you are"

(#5 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Re: overreacting - January 19th 2010, 11:09 PM

Sometimes things trigger you, and others don't understand why. It'll take a while, I'd be shocked too, but I think you'll be alright. I expect this person was drugged up in some way to do something like that.

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

Closed Thread