TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
amandajustine Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: amanda

Unhappy images - January 26th 2010, 10:21 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i cant get them out of my head. i can hear them talking i hate them i want them to go away i cant deal with it anymore. i have been talking about it and it seems it is making it worse. i just dont know waht to do anymore they are really bad and they wont stop.
  Send a message via AIM to amandajustine Send a message via MSN to amandajustine Send a message via Yahoo to amandajustine Send a message via Skype™ to amandajustine 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Crescendo Offline
Walking The Line
Junior TeenHelper

Name: ...

Re: images - January 26th 2010, 01:10 PM

Once I was having a flashback on the way to school and was texting a friend about it, she suggested this amazing thing, which was to take control of the flashback. To in my mind, let the flashback happen, but control it so in the flashback I wasn't harmed, I got away safely. I know it's incredibly difficult to deal with such memories, and I commend you for being so very strong in overcoming such a horrible situation. Have you considered EMDR? My therapist wants to do it with me. I hear it can really really help.
you're not alone.
Megan

When the patient's body has betrayed them,
and all the sciencewe have to offer has failed them,
when worst-case scenario comes true,
clinging to hope is all we've got left.
-grey's.anatomy-

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Emily. Offline
taste the sky
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: images - January 26th 2010, 09:14 PM

Hey there Amanda. I'm sorry the memories and images of things are hurting you so much right now. I know they can be really tough to deal with. Know that you are not alone in struggling with this though and things will get better. Time is one of the best healers.

It's great that you are talking about things. I know it may seem like it isn't doing anything for you right now, but in the long run it is so much better to get things out now. Keeping them inside only bottles them up and makes them worse. Who is it you are talking with? Anyone is a good first step, but if you aren't seeing someone like a therapist, I highly suggest trying one. It can be an intimidating step, but they really are there to help. We all need someone with the knowledge and training necessary to kind of step in and get us back on the right track every once in a while. I really think you could benefit from giving it a try.

I also want to link you to this page. It has some some different ways to ground yourself and such and I know they can be really helpful when dealing with feeling stuck in memories. Hopefully next time this will help you out.

I hope you are doing okay right now and you can PM me anytime.
<3 Emily

"Sometimes it's a struggle to be not who you want to be, not who you used to be, not who you're going to be,
but just being right where you are, who you are"

Closed Thread