TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
*MusicIsMyLife* Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Rebecca

Unhappy Emotional Abuse - January 26th 2010, 07:27 PM

I was threatened verbally, I was told by someone that I am no good, worthless, I am called names everyday.

What can I do!!

“Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you'll regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone.”
― Taylor Swift

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Emily. Offline
taste the sky
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: Emotional Abuse - January 26th 2010, 09:33 PM

Hey there Rebecca.

Verbal and emotional abuse can be really hurtful and damaging to your self-esteem. No one should use words to hurt you and bring you down and you are not worthless hun.

I don't know who is saying these things to you, but if it is an adult I definitely think you need to let someone know. Tell your parents or your school counselor. No adult should ever say such things to child or teen.

If it's a peer you should still let someone know. A lot of times kids and teenagers put other people down because they are insecure about themselves. This doesn't excuse what they are doing at all, but just know that what they are saying is not true. It's usually just a way to make themselves feel better.

I'm not sure where this is occurring and such, but if it's happening where there are authority figures, such as at school, I think it would really help you to talk to a teacher or another adult around you. Sometimes kids say awful things and it takes an adult stepping in to kind of set things right.

Another thing you could try is to talk with whomever is saying these things to you. They might not realize how hurtful they are. I had this girl in my class when I was younger and I said some pretty awful things to her growing up, but we got to talking one day and she explain to me how much I had hurt her and she is one of my best friends now. I know not all situations can work out that way, but there really is power in talking things out.

Just remember that you are not worthless Rebecca. I'm sure you are a wonderful person with a lot of things to offer this world. Keep your chin up and don't be afraid to reach out for help. You can use a lot of these hotlines to talk about emotional abuse/bullying too.

I hope you are doing okay right now. Be good to yourself and feel free to PM me anytime.
<3 Emily

"Sometimes it's a struggle to be not who you want to be, not who you used to be, not who you're going to be,
but just being right where you are, who you are"

(#3 (permalink)) Old
*MusicIsMyLife* Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Rebecca

Re: Emotional Abuse - February 1st 2010, 02:14 AM

I was also sexually assaulted and I am scared and feels like its all my fault and feels worthless.

“Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you'll regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone.”
― Taylor Swift

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Emily. Offline
taste the sky
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: Emotional Abuse - February 1st 2010, 02:27 AM

What happened was not your fault Rebecca. Not at all. It is never the victims fault in situations like this. Have you told anyone about what has happened? If not I think it would be a really good idea. Talk with your parents, a teacher, school counselor, the police, any adult you trust. You deserve support through all of this.

I think it would also be a good idea to talk with a counselor. It's hard getting through an assault and therapist can help you work through what has happened and help you find ways to cope. It's also just nice to have someone you can talk with and know it will be kept confidential.

I hope you are doing okay right now. Please don't be afraid to reach out for some help and you can PM me anytime.
<3 Emily

"Sometimes it's a struggle to be not who you want to be, not who you used to be, not who you're going to be,
but just being right where you are, who you are"

Closed Thread